alfie_y
Participant
@alfie_y

hi guys, i got a mermaid tattoo when i was 18, over ten years ago and it’s the only tattoo on that arm..(top half) ..im thinking of getting a sleeve but dont know whether to go all sea themed for the mermaid or just get other things i like that is unrelated to the mermaid…would it look silly if i did that and do i have to continue with the mermaid thing?..nice one

Funk
Participant
@funk

I’m sure you could go either way as long as you have a good artist…

alfie_y
Participant
@alfie_y

theres that many artists these days hhahahaha..thanks funk

czur123
Participant
@czur123

If it were up to me i would go with the ocean theme, think about adding a shark or maybe an octopus along with some Japanese waves, perhaps a coral reef?

Funk
Participant
@funk

Also, you should put up a pic for us(if you don’t mind that is)!

alfie_y
Participant
@alfie_y
czur123;102398 wrote:
If it were up to me i would go with the ocean theme, think about adding a shark or maybe an octopus along with some Japanese waves, perhaps a coral reef?

wow thanks man for the ideas 🙂 i will do a search on japanese waves to see what they look like cool…yeah i was thinking about a coral reef on the wrist area if i was gonna go with the ocean theme…and octupus yeah, on the elbow?…my placements are way out at the mo…only started thinking about this recently ..thanks for your reply

alfie_y
Participant
@alfie_y
Funk;102400 wrote:
Also, you should put up a pic for us(if you don’t mind that is)!

ok i will put a pic up once i work out how to do it 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I don’t know if Jap style would work if your mermaid doesn,t look Asian.

I kind of like the idea of a sleeve of a bunch of random stuff along with your mermaid. But most likely the mermaid will have to be reworked because it will look really faded next to all the new work.

alfie_y
Participant
@alfie_y
buttwheat;102409 wrote:
I don’t know if Jap style would work if your mermaid doesn,t look Asian.

I kind of like the idea of a sleeve of a bunch of random stuff along with your mermaid. But most likely the mermaid will have to be reworked because it will look really faded next to all the new work.

Hi there, no its not a jap mermaid, looks more italian to me, and your right its faded so I will need to get it touched up. See the thing is I would rather just get random stuff instead of an ocean theme but everyine I’ve mentioned it to has said getting random stuff would look crap..so i startrd doubting it..then I was gonna get the ocean theme and just sacrafice the arm to it..but now I’m back to thinking f++k it let’s just go for random…canny make up my mind hahaha

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go for the random stuff I think it will be awesome.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I dont get what other peopkle want tattooed on me,I dont get tattooed because it is going to look cool to people, I have chosen all kinds of styles, split sleeves etc, Im gonna do what I want, I am sure you are feeling the same.
Go for it, as long as it is well done I think it is fine,

alfie_y
Participant
@alfie_y
mrchen;102434 wrote:
I dont get what other peopkle want tattooed on me,I dont get tattooed because it is going to look cool to people, I have chosen all kinds of styles, split sleeves etc, Im gonna do what I want, I am sure you are feeling the same.
Go for it, as long as it is well done I think it is fine,

you have the right idea mate, do you what you want to do

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

i would go for random and just have a general theme, as long as all of the pieces interact with each other and connect i think it would look great, you could have a mythical theme with unicorns and wood nymphs etc running around or a pegasus if a unicorn is a bit feminine! lol ( i dont think they are but i know what you men are like!) i just think that a whole ocean scene based on one mermaid might end up looking a bit contrived? at least if you go with the “themed random” you can add fill ins of whatever you like (birds, flowers etc) and not stuck with tonnes of blue waves lol let us know what you come up with, i’d be interested to see how it ends up 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.