#38124
alfie_y
Participant
    @alfie_y

hi guys, i got a mermaid tattoo when i was 18, over ten years ago and it’s the only tattoo on that arm..(top half) ..im thinking of getting a sleeve but dont know whether to go all sea themed for the mermaid or just get other things i like that is unrelated to the mermaid…would it look silly if i did that and do i have to continue with the mermaid thing?..nice one

#117229
Funk
Participant
    @funk

I’m sure you could go either way as long as you have a good artist…

#117231
alfie_y
Participant
    @alfie_y

theres that many artists these days hhahahaha..thanks funk

#117232
czur123
Participant
    @czur123

If it were up to me i would go with the ocean theme, think about adding a shark or maybe an octopus along with some Japanese waves, perhaps a coral reef?

#117234
Funk
Participant
    @funk

Also, you should put up a pic for us(if you don’t mind that is)!

#117235
alfie_y
Participant
    @alfie_y
czur123;102398 wrote:
If it were up to me i would go with the ocean theme, think about adding a shark or maybe an octopus along with some Japanese waves, perhaps a coral reef?

wow thanks man for the ideas 🙂 i will do a search on japanese waves to see what they look like cool…yeah i was thinking about a coral reef on the wrist area if i was gonna go with the ocean theme…and octupus yeah, on the elbow?…my placements are way out at the mo…only started thinking about this recently ..thanks for your reply

#117237
alfie_y
Participant
    @alfie_y
Funk;102400 wrote:
Also, you should put up a pic for us(if you don’t mind that is)!

ok i will put a pic up once i work out how to do it 🙂

#117242
buttwheat
Participant
    @buttwheat

I don’t know if Jap style would work if your mermaid doesn,t look Asian.

I kind of like the idea of a sleeve of a bunch of random stuff along with your mermaid. But most likely the mermaid will have to be reworked because it will look really faded next to all the new work.

#117243
alfie_y
Participant
    @alfie_y
buttwheat;102409 wrote:
I don’t know if Jap style would work if your mermaid doesn,t look Asian.

I kind of like the idea of a sleeve of a bunch of random stuff along with your mermaid. But most likely the mermaid will have to be reworked because it will look really faded next to all the new work.

Hi there, no its not a jap mermaid, looks more italian to me, and your right its faded so I will need to get it touched up. See the thing is I would rather just get random stuff instead of an ocean theme but everyine I’ve mentioned it to has said getting random stuff would look crap..so i startrd doubting it..then I was gonna get the ocean theme and just sacrafice the arm to it..but now I’m back to thinking f++k it let’s just go for random…canny make up my mind hahaha

#117262