Jslice
Participant
@jslice

Hi everyone, new to the forum and wanted to see what a few of you thought of my first tattoo. Its not finished yet, but plan on finishing it very soon.

Story behind the tattoo: The whole tattoo is the shape of Vietnam where my family came from, inside of the map is a Buddha face which is my religion. On the lower bottom is a phoenix(reincarnating bird) in memory of my brother in law. Added here and there are two lotus flowers and clouds.

031.jpg
042.jpg
049-1.jpg
050-1.jpg
043.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

pretty cool piece, very unique and personal

Panter
Participant
@panter

Unusual, looks nicely done, like that a lot 😎

Amok
Participant
@amok

Welcome to the forum.

If you had explained your idea to me I probably would have said it might not look good as a tattoo, but those pics are incredible. Congratulations, unique indeed!

Adler
Participant
@adler
Amok;97532 wrote:
Welcome to the forum.

If you had explained your idea to me I probably would have said it might not look good as a tattoo, but those pics are incredible. Congratulations, unique indeed!

I was thinking the same thing. Before seeing the tattoo I really thought it would be too busy but it seems to be coming along nicely. It looks you’ve chosen a good artist for the project which is obviously very important. Nice job.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

I’m diggin it man, awesome ink

Dipland
Participant
@dipland

That is very nicely done.

KillianMick
Participant
@killianmick

This is just beautiful.

I freely admit to being a tattoo snob – trite, overused crap bores the hell out of me. But this? This shows true inspiration, a personal connection between the art and your own life story, and it’s very well done.

Kudos!

Jslice
Participant
@jslice

thanks guys, its been a long process. I just havent had time to finish it. I’ve done two sessions 9 hrs total looking at probably another 1.5 hrs. My artist has only been tattooing for a year and hes sick!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

As the others have said, I didn’t see the idea coming together when I first read the description and saw the sketch, but that looks AMAZING. Very cool idea, and perfectly unique… which is an awesome thing all on it’s own 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Very unusual and unique but looks good and very well done. Congrats.

Jslice
Participant
@jslice

finally finished today, 10 hrs total. yee!
007-6.png

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Love it! Congratulations.

Jslice
Participant
@jslice

Artist : Adam Seymour
Shop at the time was Savage Body Art in Detroit, MI.

VJ6
Participant
@vj6

I love it, I’m Vietnamese too and can totally understand this. Would definitely get!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.