Nordman
Participant
@nordman

i got a tattoo last friday and it started to scab a day after i kept it clean and lotioned, and it started to flake off so i took a razor blade and carfully removed the scabs my tatoo is a Valnott and with over and under fading, after i removed the scabs my tattoo has all of its color still just a few spots where its glossy after i removed scabs i washed it and lotioned it again it apears fine but just a little glossy on a few parts.

the question is did i fuck up?

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Sounds like you are ok, but NEVER, EVER cut, pick or pull a scab off of a tattoo. You could have easily pulled some of the ink out. Just continue putting lotion on it, but otherwise leave it alone. Dont pick any skin or scabs off at all, they will come off on their own. I wonder, did you tattoo artist give you any aftercare instructions?

Nordman
Participant
@nordman

he told me too use unscented lotion which i use moister recovery lotion, at first i used ultra healing lotion which is usually about $20 per bottle, he also said wash it when i take a shower and before i go to sleep and lotion it about 2-4 times daily, and use berts bees wax in between, he told me not to pick the scabs. but he didnt realy specify the type of soap i should use so i been using ivory soap but no color has come out there still deep emerald and i made sure that no color was leaking out. he said some people heal about 1-2 weeks after they are inked, his roommate heals within 7-8 days. and hes been inking for 18-20 years and he also has a diploma from a tattoo school cause his teacher owns a chain of stores in atlanta

but i realy didnt follow his instructions

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Nordman;80850 wrote:
but i realy didnt follow his instructions

Sorry, but that’s just plain silly.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Are you on drugs?

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Jeez, fella.
There are some good stickys on this site with after-care instructions.

There are many fields of thought on lotions, how much and how often – but the main rule, first and foremost is – DONT FUCK WITH IT!!!!!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

yes you fucked up.

Bixler
Participant
@bixler

you had me at razor blades

Nordman
Participant
@nordman

well i went to my tattoo artist today and he said everything looked great and he said dont do somthing stupid like that again

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Why in the hell would you pull the scab off? Especially after specifically being told not to?

You’re like those characters on the cartoons I used to watch as a kid. “Don’t look down.”

Adler
Participant
@adler

You also better hope you don’t need or expect a free touch up. Most artists will do free touch ups but only if you’ve followed their aftercare instructions. So if your screwup created ink loss you’re probably on your own. Not smart, dude.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Hmmmmm….. did you think the artist said not to pick the scab and meant that you should use a blade to take it off? You’re lucky you didn’t ruin it.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

I prefer a steak knife when taking the scabs off lol. WTF seriously man you shouldn’t be scabbing badly enough that you can hack at yourself. If you do scab leave well alone.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Don’t put beans in your ears.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
stubarber;80958 wrote:
Don’t put beans in your ears.

racheldone.png

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.