maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Ok guys, I live in Florida, and I was told sun screen helps keep the color in? Anyways, my question is, what sun screen am I supposed to look for? I live in Florida, so it’s typically hotter here, humidity is higher, etc. Thanks for your advice guys.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

I just use SPF 30 or better. I generally go for the generic Wal-Mart spray- on in SPF 50.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Thanks man. I wont be using anything from Wal-Mart though :p. Is there anything you need to watch for when looking into sun screen?

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

Just be aware of anything you may be allergic to. I have been using spray on sunscreen on all of my healed tattoos, and never had any problems! I am paranoid though, and am careful to keep them covered when I can.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

All of mine are under my shirt, but I want to be sure that they continue looking good.

Rider68
Participant
@rider68

I usually use Coppertone Sport spray on, SPF 35. It works well and it since it’s water and sweatproof, I can go slightly longer without having to constantly re-apply.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

i use sunblock 60/70…………

but, i like to bake………..:D

first day in the sun after winter……

IMG_0328.jpg

and, after a couple of weeks in the sun…

IMG_0025.jpg

i get alot darker by the end of summer…………..:cool:

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Reef, do you keep shaving that parrot?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
stubarber;79770 wrote:
Reef, when do you plan on doing a cover up on that parrot?

Cold man cold

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Ugh.
I actually had to go back and look at my post.
Psyche.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Why not use sun protection on the rest of your arm rather than damaging the surrounding area. The rest of that arm is lobster looking.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

because i like tanning…………..:p

and the parot stays…..:mad:

Adler
Participant
@adler

I ride a motorcycle and my arms get a lot of sun in the summer. I’ve been using Neutrogena 70 and it works pretty well.

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw

Thanks for all the advice guys. The next question being: When is it safe to start applying sun screen to a tattoo? My newest tattoo is three weeks old.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
reefdiver;79804 wrote:
and the parot stays…..:mad:

You now I only joke cause I care

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.