Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

Hi everyone.

I am thinking of getting my first tattoo.

I want it to be Greyhound related, as they are very important to me. I have come across this design, but as I don’t know much about Tattoos, I thought I would ask if it was a decent design for an artist to work with. Obviously it won’t mean much to you if you don’t love Greyhounds like I do, but any input is appreciated.

95160300.jpg

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

It’s flash, and for that matter, trash. If I were you, I’d go talk to a reputable artist in a sterile shop and see what sort of custom, personalized design he can come up for you.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Bendale
Participant
@bendale
KnightHawk;51754 wrote:
It’s flash, and for that matter, trash. If I were you, I’d go talk to a reputable artist in a sterile shop and see what sort of custom, personalized design he can come up for you.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Hit the nail on the head fer sure. 😀

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

Ok, appreciate the honesty. I am looking to get tattooed on my forearm but I am struggling for inspiration.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Again, go talk to a tattoo artist and he should come up with a kickass greyhound design for ya man.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

Wouldn’t I need to provide an artist with more information about what I want other than just having Greyhounds in the design?

I don’t think I know what I want. lol. Maybe I need to think this through.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Greyhound;51764 wrote:
Maybe I need to think this through.

Ifi you ever find yourself thinking this, you know it’s true 🙂

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

seeing that you like greyhounds i quite like it , but i wouldnt place it on the forearm

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

I found this picture that I like

garagesale1252523047169.jpg

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

that will prob look real sweet done black and grey and would work a lot better as a forearm tattoo

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound

Sorry to bring back an old thread. I am still searching for inspiration. I would like a half sleeve tattoo from my upper arm down to just above my elbow.

Do you think it is realistic have a japanese style tattoo with that has an animal theme, but replacing whatever the animal is with a greyhound.

Greyhounds may not be as ferocious as tigers or dragons, but they are large breed, so I just wondered if there was any potential for this style.

I am going to a tattoo studio soon, so I might have a chat with an artist about something.

Cheers.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

so do you just love them , keep them, breed them or race them ????

Greyhound
Participant
@greyhound
Outlaw;61290 wrote:
so do you just love them , keep them, breed them or race them ????

I home them.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

why not go for a black and grey portrait then ,,, i was going to suggest an outline of a greyhound chasing a hare

voodookat
Participant
@voodookat
KnightHawk;51763 wrote:
Again, go talk to a tattoo artist and he should come up with a kickass greyhound design for ya man.

Love. Peace. Metallica.and Pantera =)

I wish I had heard this when I first started.

Greyhound;51764 wrote:
Wouldn’t I need to provide an artist with more information about what I want other than just having Greyhounds in the design?

I don’t think I know what I want. lol. Maybe I need to think this through.

If you’re serious then Knight is right, find an artist who will sit and design it for you. I should have quoted down more, that picture posted is nice. I’m not an artist just a fan of and a canvas for artists.

Love. Peace. Metallica.and Pantera =)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.