Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Just curious, has anyone read ‘Conversations with God’?

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

never heard of it.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

It’s a book I highly recommend, seems to answer a lot of the age old questions ‘why is there war, death, ect ect’ in a new light

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

I’ll have to look it up.

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    It’s a book I highly recommend, seems to answer a lot of the age old questions ‘why is there war, death, ect ect’ in a new light

Never heard of it – so you recommend it eh?

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

If I had the power, I’d burn the bible and put this in it’s stead. I don’t wanna sound preachy, but this is something that everyone should read.

Pitseleh
    Participant
    @pitseleh

haven’t read it myself but have heard people laudin it before – some other books for the curious atheist – the selfish gene, the god delusion – richard dawkins, the fall – steve taylor

interesting stuff about evolution, development and the physchology behind religion

G3NESYS
    Participant
    @g3nesys

idk if this has been said, but the book of leviticus was written to a certain people.
    it also says you have to keep your facial hair a certain length, and you shouldnt be overweight

does being fat make you a bad christian?

i too am a christian, born and raised.
    i grew up in church, and not too long after i got my first tatt, my friends dad told my friend about this verse ( i guess to deter him wanting one) so my friend came and showed me.
    it upset me at first, and i thought “o crap, maybe i made a mistake” but after researching it, its my personal convictions that it doesnt make you a “bad christian”.

To tell the truth, things like lying, cussing, lusting after someone, etc… those all have more potential to ruin ur walk with christ, and prevent you from entering heaven, then some ink in your skin does.

If you are worried about it, use ur work as a means to initiate talks with people about being a christian. i guarantee if you use ur tatts to spread the word theres no way they can be held against you on D Day

Pitseleh
    Participant
    @pitseleh

how anyone could buy into the “getting a tattoo means gods gonna be mad” philosophy just seems unreal to me.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

After reading the book I mentioned, I can say that I don’t believe in hell, and most people seem to have completely the wrong idea about God

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

Im sorry you feel that way Joker1 🙁 but one of the sins people never talk about is “gluttony”. Its the sin of eating more then what you need. So i guess there’s a lot of sinners ALL over the world. I had a talk with a friend of mines dad who is a pastor and we talked about the tattoo topic. and he also mentioned that scripture wasnt meant for people with tattoos but people in that time period who would carve things into their skin when someone died. if you do a lot of research which I have ha you can learn a lot.:p

Shamwow
    Participant
    @shamwow

As a newly converted muslim (used to be agnostic or loosely christian lol) with a tattoo I get some feedback from people about my tattoo and I’ve learned that peoples interpretation and understanding of scripture and religious concepts are so varied that it can be impossible to come to a general concensus on things like if tattoos are wrong.

About myself I’m an 18 yr old first generation American my parents and family are Nigerian with my mom being Christian and my dad being Muslim and neither one of them ever tried to push religion on me I just came to realize it myself throughout my life. I got my first and only tattoo ago right when I was 18 before I was muslim its a half-sleeve of two phoenixes the phoenix on my inner arm is being dragged down to hell and the phoenix on my outer arm is carrying a cross and a tombstone that will say “1991 to Infinity” and my name on it.

Now that I’m a muslim the tattoo carries the same meaning to me since I’ve pretty much always believed there was some sort of God and heaven and hell. In fact it means even more to me after exploring deeper into my faith

I don’t see how anyone could think that God cares about our physical bodies more than our truthfulness, faithfulness, and righteousness.

I believe that anyone who submits to God and lives their life morally with God in the uppermost of their minds when they make decisions is a faithful servant and will go to heaven regardless of whether they choose to call him Allah, God, Jesus, Yahweh, Jah, or what have you. Islam stresses never to try and force religion on anyone and that every man and woman is free to form their own beliefs about religion regardless of whether they choose to be atheist, jewish, or christian.

I also don’t believe in judging others because I’m not all-knowing therefore I cant assume why people do the things they do. That’s up to God.

Everyone needs to do what they personally believe is right and let God handle the judgement.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

Sorry for what?

In my opinion, God doesn’t judge.

There is no judgement in what you call the afterlife. You will not even be allowed to judge yourself (for you would surely give yourself a low score, given how judgmental and unforgiving you are with yourself in this life).
    No, there is no accounting, no one giving ‘thumbs-up’ or ‘thumbs-down.’ Only humans are judgmental, and because you are, you assume that I must be. Yet I am not – and that is a great truth you cannot accept.
    Nonetheless, while there will be no judgment in the afterlife, there will be opportunity to look again at all you have thought, said, and done here, and to decide if that is what you would choose again, based on Who You say You Are, and Who You Want to Be.

Asenath83
    Participant
    @asenath83
    Outlaw;48838 wrote:
    im an atheist so when i die i shall be burried head first, that way the lord can kiss my ass if i go to heaven and i can look the devil in the eye if i go to hell

Coffee… nose… you know the deal. Can I yoink this if I give you credit?

iMark
    Participant
    @imark

I am not a Christian, but I was raised in a strictly Catholic environment and it took me a long time to grasp that my own sense of morality was more important than that which others tried to instill upon me.

Ultimately my feelings are this: If you believe something to be right, it is. If you believe something to be wrong it is.

Your feelings will shift and change over time, that’s only to be expected. But remember this – the same is true of those who tell you how to live your life as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.