American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

Leviticus 19:28, “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.”

I had a guy walk up to me in public and told me to look up this scripture. I am a proud christian but i do not understand why just because your tattooed that is such an issue. I have sum religious tattoos along side my others but does that make me a bad christian? :confused:

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

Well im a practicing buddhist so all my tattoos are gilt free ๐Ÿ˜€

but in my opinion , i can not honestly feel that you could be classed as a bad christian just because you had tattoos ! and the guy that came and preached to you should maybe look up some scripture’s on not judging others ??

Tana

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I am from a jewish background and here this one all the time.

I suggest that you visit S.Neil’s site New Covenant Ink or click on my blog here about tattooing and religious prejudice.

Both will help you decide whether it is right or wrong – there is examples where G-d uses the metaphor of tattooing as a representation of his will.

There are many opinions but ink in itself does not make you a good or bad Christian it is not enough to read the testaments and scriptures and use them as weapons.

To be gracious in the eyes of G-d is to accept first of all we all will fail his will and to accept that it his love and mercy that will forgive us even our deepest sins.

I personally do not care if a person calls G-d Yaweh, Allah, Budda, Bob, or the Big Guy – it is all a matter of how we conduct ourselves not what we wear on our skin.

I have met many a man who can quote scripture but go home and beat their wives or gamble or lie etc knowing the words does not elevate them above us.

I am about halfway through a piece on religious tattooing and would love to see any religious based ink.

Take Care
    Matthew

Phat_Goddess
    Participant
    @phat_goddess

I am a christian too and this is one of the many debatable issues within christianity. I rank it along with drinking some say okay and some say its okay to drink but not to get drunk. I’ve read that verse and I don’t think getting tattoos is wrong. Have you read the verses before that one?
    26 ” ‘Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it.
    ” ‘Do not practice divination or sorcery.

27 ” ‘Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard.

so basically we shouldn’t cut our hair either if you go strictly by that. plus that verse is talking about cutting yourself for the dead which was what the pagans did I believe. If you aren’t sure research further. But that’s the ONLY mention I could find in the Bible, and with that I say they are okay. that’s my logic lol. My dad says I’m wrong, but feels its okay to drink, and he’s gotten drunk before. So no it doesnt make you a bad christian.

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

im an atheist so when i die i shall be burried head first, that way the lord can kiss my ass if i go to heaven and i can look the devil in the eye if i go to hell (i got a reservation for the latter)

i was asked by a vicar if i coukd do a small piece at the top of his arm, so in sure it is not taken seriously by the chruch of england ๐Ÿ˜‰

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1
    Outlaw;48838 wrote:
    im an atheist so when i die i shall be burried head first, that way the lord can kiss my ass if i go to heaven and i can look the devil in the eye if i go to hell (i got a reservation for the latter)

Hahaha that’s gold!

On the subject of tattoos and religion, if God didn’t want us to get tattooed, why would he have made the idea possible to be conceived in the first place?

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

well its not like i can take them back. already have 10 so i guess im S.O.L

KSH
    Participant
    @ksh

i am a free-thinker ad i think that as long as i do not do anything illegal and the things i do are morally right. it is ok! (: tattoo is just a passion/ interest to me. ๐Ÿ™‚

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink
    Outlaw;48838 wrote:

i was asked by a vicar if i coukd do a small piece at the top of his arm, so in sure it is not taken seriously by the chruch of england ๐Ÿ˜‰

mwahahahahaha!!!!! Same goes for me too!!

framey
    Participant
    @framey

but if you got tattoos if you go to heaven you’ll be the coolest fucker there so dont worry about it

what about lest not be judged

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    I am from a jewish background and here this one all the time.

I suggest that you visit S.Neil’s site New Covenant Ink or click on my blog here about tattooing and religious prejudice.

Both will help you decide whether it is right or wrong – there is examples where G-d uses the metaphor of tattooing as a representation of his will.

There are many opinions but ink in itself does not make you a good or bad Christian it is not enough to read the testaments and scriptures and use them as weapons.

To be gracious in the eyes of G-d is to accept first of all we all will fail his will and to accept that it his love and mercy that will forgive us even our deepest sins.

I personally do not care if a person calls G-d Yaweh, Allah, Budda, Bob, or the Big Guy – it is all a matter of how we conduct ourselves not what we wear on our skin.

I have met many a man who can quote scripture but go home and beat their wives or gamble or lie etc knowing the words does not elevate them above us.

I am about halfway through a piece on religious tattooing and would love to see any religious based ink.

Take Care
    Matthew

As always a great reply from Mathew!!

ArniVidar
    @arnividar
    Joker1;48849 wrote:
    if God didn’t want us to get tattooed, why would he have made the idea possible to be conceived in the first place?

Who says it was HIM that came up with that idea? ๐Ÿ˜€

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Arni

Cos He said so ๐Ÿ˜‰

Isaiah 44:5

One will say, ‘I belong to the LORD’; another will call himself by the name of Jacob; still another will write on his hand, ‘The LORD’s,’ and will take the name Israel.

This was prior to revelations so Ol’ Scratch pinched the idea ๐Ÿ˜€

Take Care
    Matthew

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Ah, you never know ๐Ÿ˜€

As Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett had it, Crowley (a fallen angel working on earth to corrupt humanity and bring more souls to hell) felt that ‘Filing Paperwork’ was one of his greatest accomplishments to aid in the cause… so one may never know which hand pulls which strings :p

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1
    ArniVidar;48886 wrote:
    Who says it was HIM that came up with that idea? ๐Ÿ˜€

Hahaha this is where I find it hard to put what’s going into my head into words!

Let’s see…. If God didn’t want us to tattoo ourselves, He wouldn’t have made the notion of putting ink into our skin a possibility for us to think up… or something like that.

Anyway, everyone knows Jesus had black and grey religious themed sleeves

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.