Pitseleh
    Participant
    @pitseleh

hahahhahaha, spat my soup out of my nose with that head-first burial post ! gold!

mate, hypocrisy is all over the holy books and the subscribers to them.. its a human trait, embrace it and do what you think you should do. you’re gonna be wrong in someones eyes.

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel
    framey;48860 wrote:
    but if you got tattoos if you go to heaven you’ll be the coolest fucker there so dont worry about it

what about lest not be judged

Amen to that buddy!:D

inkedbeauty
    Participant
    @inkedbeauty

I grew up in a very strict christian home. I am a christian myself, but my parents still are old school religion. No tattoo’s, no piercings. They hardly let me get my ears pierced. I now have 2 tattoo’s, none of which they know of yet because I know how they would react if I told them. I am 20, and I figure by that age you are old enough to make your own decisions and know what is right. Back to the point, my pastor once told me, no matter what you do to your body, you still can have faith in the Lord and he loves you. I dunno if I am making any sense, just hoping to help a little.

flying eyeball tattoo
    Participant
    @flying-eyeball-tattoo

I’m an Atheist simply because it appears every religion has a few really compelling stories, weighed down by countless ridiculous impossible to believe stories. I’ve never seen any deity worshipping religion that wasn’t heavily founded through hatred, intolerance or a need for control by it’s writers. Besides, if that means I’ll go to hell so be it. I’d rather be where I actually know someone if I’m to be there that long. I’d have too many issues with the boss to go to heaven, there’s a lot of resentment I’d have towardes someone who seems to be such an absentee father as him.

greenstar
    Participant
    @greenstar

I love living in the USA we can do whatever the fuck we want!

Pitseleh
    Participant
    @pitseleh
    flying eyeball tattoo;49049 wrote:
    I’m an Atheist simply because it appears every religion has a few really compelling stories, weighed down by countless ridiculous impossible to believe stories. I’ve never seen any deity worshipping religion that wasn’t heavily founded through hatred, intolerance or a need for control by it’s writers. Besides, if that means I’ll go to hell so be it. I’d rather be where I actually know someone if I’m to be there that long. I’d have too many issues with the boss to go to heaven, there’s a lot of resentment I’d have towardes someone who seems to be such an absentee father as him.

excactly right.

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

Im not a bible basher , but Even though the good book says i shouldnt i still get them. My soul still belongs to the lord. I use to have inch guages in my ears and have lots of tattoos but that doesnt make me think any different. :p

framey
    Participant
    @framey

i love it when the mormons or jehovas come round battle one of against the other

i always say if theres a god then why……………..

I decided against christneing my kids and got moaned at by the wifes parents my reply was

when they are older they can make their own minds up which religeon they want to follow wether it be muslim hindu catholic or christian
    i refuse to push a religeon on anyone

they are now 18 and 16

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

nice one framey…

my kids aint christened and neither is my wife…. i was christened, but i was too young to refuse at the time.

the weird thing is that back in the 80’s i worked for a restoration company, i actually worked on the font i was christened over. :p

framey
    Participant
    @framey

apparently you only need to be christened to be buried in holy ground
    i told the wife
    dig me into the roses at the top of the garden lol

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

You know for me it is very simple.

I refuse to quote bible texts at ppl just to prove a point. I have spent the last 10+ years arguing scripture with 3 of my friends 2 are Christian Ministers and the other is a Rabbi all have higher theological degrees and training.

They always look to me to play devil’s advocate because I think differently and don’t mind pushing the odd heretical stand point. :p

My thinking is if you genuinely believe in something there is no question too outrageous to answer or at least try to.

The main hang up I think with a lot of religions is ppl want to live in a time of miracles and expect way too much it is all here and now.

Here is an example

Why does G-d allow war, death, violence, rape etc etc

The biblical answer is well we are ‘sinful’ and that means we don’t have a full relationship with G-d and why death came into the world etc.

This answer seems like a cop-out – how can G-d profess to love us and still not mend this relationship.

My answer is simple

How can ppl expect free will AND want a perfect world?

G-d does not want automatons who love him because he says so.

We are selves could put an end to war, famine, cruelty and bad shit in 10 mins if everybody could get off their arses and agree to do so. The fact is we won’t and until we learn to do so shit will continue – do we lose our free will or continue in strife is the 10 year argument that still goes on. 🙂

The miracles thing well shit I have often derided the miracles and am the first to be cynical about many so called miracles – forget your bleeding statues and stigmata etc

Take a look into your child’s eyes and see what you have created – that is a miracle.

There are plenty of times when I could have been offed and I am still kicking around – may not be world changing things but feels like a small miracle to me.

The fact is we rarely take stock of the smaller issues and actually enjoy them. Too much is put on ‘I cannot do pleasure because it is un-g-dly’.

Utter bollocks – G-d wants us to enjoy ourselves and create etc why else would we have opposable thumbs and big brains?

The other issue – does atheism offend me? (I get asked this a lot)

I ask people how can this be offensive? A person has the right to choose what they believe or disbelieve – it is part of the free will issue.

I like to think that when I die if there is a G-d then there is something further (I personally don’t believe in a fluffy cloud of heaven I think we head back to a spiritual source) if not i would like to think that I attempted to live my life is a just way.

Which is why I enjoy the company of many atheists much more than that of certain devout miserable bastards 😉

Take Care
    Matthew

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel

if god can me clean of all the STUPID shit i did in my past im pretty sure he can let sum tattoos slide. I believe in a forgiveing loving god. not 1 that is gunna damn me to hell for something i out on my skin. Like i said b4 its a little late now to even b having this conversation haha! GO ME! 😀

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill
    American Infidel;48850 wrote:
    well its not like i can take them back. already have 10 so i guess im S.O.L

I hope I don’t get in trouble for posting a link here. If so, PM me and I’ll give it to you there. My website is http://www.newcovenantinktattoo.net I have a page on my website that I believe will address the issues you have. It is the page on tattoos and the Bible. If that does not address your question or the issues you have with it, then send me an email at SORRY BUT EMAIL ADDRESS’s ARE NOT ALLOWED, private message available and I will address it further for you.

Until I resigned, I was Senior Pastor at Northside Baptist Church in Mineral Wells, Texas. I pastored there for 3 years and I was the only long haired tattooed, and tattooing, motorcycle riding leather wearing pastor this side of Texas and I’ve spent a LOT of time addressing the situation you are in. I would be happy to address it with you, but I think my website will address it for you in enough detail.

The modern Christian church has strayed far from what it was intended to be, which is why it is rightfully so harshly judged by the rest of the world.

American Infidel
    Participant
    @american-infidel
    S.Neill;49109 wrote:
    I hope I don’t get in trouble for posting a link here. If so, PM me and I’ll give it to you there. My website is http://www.newcovenantinktattoo.net I have a page on my website that I believe will address the issues you have. It is the page on tattoos and the Bible. If that does not address your question or the issues you have with it, then send me an email at REMOVED and I will address it further for you.

Until I resigned, I was Senior Pastor at Northside Baptist Church in Mineral Wells, Texas. I pastored there for 3 years and I was the only long haired tattooed, and tattooing, motorcycle riding leather wearing pastor this side of Texas and I’ve spent a LOT of time addressing the situation you are in. I would be happy to address it with you, but I think my website will address it for you in enough detail.

The modern Christian church has strayed far from what it was intended to be, which is why it is rightfully so harshly judged by the rest of the world.

THank you! Ima have to show this to my father as well. we are both christian and when i go visit him we go to church and ppl would just stare and I know they wanted to say something to us because my father and I are tattooed. my father is in his late 60’s and is still getting tattoos. people see us as “freaks” if you will. I just dont understand why people suppostive of “do whateever you want” blahblah and yet be so rude to something they dont agree with. Its kinda like politics. (and no Im not trying to start a politic thread) but people are so “FREE! do whatever u want, do this do that” YET when it comes to something they dont agree with they are so gung ho and jump at the chance to point a finger and say what your doing is wrong and you dont know what your talking about. Countless times i have had no christian and christians alike come to me and say well in the bible it says your should deface the TEMPLE god has given you. its funny to see ANOTHER pastor who is into tattoos. Ive got to a couple places like that. but Amen to that brother.:)

S.Neill
    Participant
    @s-neill

The Christian church is hypocritical, and is rightly judged as such. Christians are the first people to lay out rules about what you can and can’t do…and they change the rules whenever it suits them to do so. They say do not curse, yet they curse. They say do not drink, and yet they drink. they say do not commit adultery and yet they commit adultery. The church is a sepulture of rules and regulations that are not even obeyed by those within its whitewashed walls.

And so many people look at the church and spit in disgust…and rightfully so.

But to look at this travesty and what it has become and judge God based upon the stupidity and failure of His creation is perhaps going too far.

Just because Man has failed, does not make God and what he has given wrong. Just because we don’t live as we were created to live, does not mean there is no God.

I am a long haired bearded, tattooed and tattooing Motorcycle riding, leather wearing Christian. I love that lifestyle and there is nothing wrong with it. Just because a bunch of people wear three piece suits, grease their hair down in perfect coiffered hair styles and sit like they have a corn cob shoved up thier hind parts, and scowl at all the world like it shoved the corn cob there, doesn’t mean they know what they are talking about.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.