DannyT28
    Participant
    @dannyt28

I might just do that mate haha…. I honestly think those pictures made it look worse than it actually did ๐Ÿ˜‰

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

That’s the thing with tattoos like that when they’re fresh, they change! ๐Ÿ™‚ And your tattoo is far to fresh to be touched with a needle this weekend anyways. But just tell him “hey, I think something looks off here/got some feedback on it, what do you think?”
    But would like to see some pictures when it heals a bit more! ๐Ÿ™‚
    And, there is a picture on here somewhere of one of my tattoos, when it was completely fresh, the eyes look MESSED UP. They still do in some pictures. They’re not in real life, though. But that detail doesn’t come through in pictures for some reason. So no reason to freak out ๐Ÿ™‚

And surrounding it… Well, you’ve got roses and portraits, right? Could be nice to carry on with a rose behind her, like a soft rose, with wide spread petals with some color.(Ok, I love those. Sorry. Haha) You can throw all kinds of stuff in there, some filigree, thorns, leafs, barock details, an old watch, a lot of things could work really ๐Ÿ™‚

DannyT28
    Participant
    @dannyt28

Thanks poxphobia… I really liek the idea of another rose with the vines carrying on up my arm, Just a quick question…. Its really sunny at the moment do i need to use high factor on my sleeve ? Will it damage it or make it fade ? hoping to have it completed this saturday. Cheers

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@DannyT28 130229 wrote:

Thanks poxphobia… I really liek the idea of another rose with the vines carrying on up my arm, Just a quick question…. Its really sunny at the moment do i need to use high factor on my sleeve ? Will it damage it or make it fade ? hoping to have it completed this saturday. Cheers

You need to cover it up! Keep it out of direct sunlight for a minimum of 4 weeks, and use a spf 50 or higher after that. Preferably forever! The sun will fade your tattoos, and trust me; A tattoo sunburn hurts a LOT. A fresh tattoo with a sunburn.. Damn. That’s got to hurt. Stay in the shade if you can, and don’t go swimming either. (that also applies for 4 weeks)

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@DannyT28 130229 wrote:

I don’t like the idea of putting sunscreen on a new tattoo (first 3 months), so I ordered a couple of sleeves from Ink Armor instead. Love them!!

If you are going to use a sunscreen lotion or spray then remember to put it on well in advance of heading out into the sun. It takes 15-30 minutes for it to start working.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Oh, I’ve never even heard about ink armor! Great idea!

DannyT28
    Participant
    @dannyt28

Ok part 5 update…

DannyT28
    Participant
    @dannyt28

Ok part 5 update…

DannyT28
    Participant
    @dannyt28

And im thinking of having this too finish it off… vintage female throwing the tripple aces ? what do you think ? thanks

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Looking good! How is your pin-up healing?

I don’t think the picture you posted would make for a good tattoo, though. Another pin-up with cards could work, but the proportions might end up odd in a tattoo!
    And to be picky.. If you’re gonna “finish” it, as in a full sleeve, you need to get that elbow covered! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Not a full sleeve with an open elbow ;D

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

That looks good!! I really do love a well done b&g sleeve.

But I agree with poxphobia – if you don’t fill in that elbow there will always be a hole in your sleeve. And after all, how much could it hurt? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 130664 wrote:

There will always be a hole in your sleeve.

How about tattoo of suede patches like a preppy sweater? (I wouldn’t suggest “iron on”)

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

If you color it in, then sure ;D

I remember when I did my elbow. I was a pussy and scared of the pain, and I suggested doing just an open star or something. My artist, knowing me too damn well, just said “you’re gonna love showing it off to people with a hole in their sleeve and calling them pussies”. Aaand he was completely right, of course.
    It’s a lot of fun ๐Ÿ˜‰

DannyT28
    Participant
    @dannyt28

Ok guys/girls,
    Im back in for another 3-4 session to get the inside of my bicep done in 8 days…. i was going to have the tripple aces but kinda having second thoughts so any IDEAS would be appreciated ?? The pin up girls actually looks good now since its all settled and colour has faded ๐Ÿ™‚ so please throw some ideas in pls struggling here.. Haha

DannyT28
    Participant
    @dannyt28

Ok so its been a while… but im actually booked in for a full day on 8th may, Thinking of getting my calf tattooed…. Basicially im after good tattoo ideas etc… and i also need to get the top of my arm finished as i never got round too it. Any help would be apprechiated.. Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 105 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.