babicz
Participant
@babicz

Ok, I’ll start with a brief intro.

I’m 19, and I play college baseball. I’m a big kid, 6’3 220 and i’m a catcher. I grew up with 2 older brothers, both very athletic as well. I grew up very grounded, and humble. Since my freshman year of high school, I was starting varsity catcher and a nickname my brothers gave me kinda flowed down the system, Cannon. I have a pretty strong arm compared to typical NCAA pop times. (time from pop of your mit, to pop of middle infielders mit) I was floating around a 1.92 in high school which blew away many other times. Now i’m touching 1.81, with the goal to hit sub 1.8. So the name has stuck with me through college. I get cannon, sniper, shoooota and a few others that are related to my arm strength.

My older brother came up with the idea of tattooing an old school cannon on the outside of my right forearm. Probably elbow to wrist, and I was thinking of it taking up my entire outer forearm.

This will be my first tattoo, and i’ve grown up with 2 olders brothers, both with a sleeve, and 1/2 on the other. Tattoo’s are common nature in the household. Just wondering how the idea sounds. My biggest fear is the view of being “cocky”. I’m the most humble 19 year old kid you will meet, and I don’t want that perception if and when I would explain the meaning.

Just trying to get some advice on if this is a logical idea and what you guys think.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go for it man. Cocky just means you got the skills to back it up. be proud

Adler
Participant
@adler

Sounds like a good idea but I’d question the size and placement. I think a cannon tattoo could be turned into something cool with the right artist, and personality makes someone cocky not a tattoo. But do you want your first on your forearm? Think of future career plans and make sure a visible tatoo wouldn’t interfere, regardless of the commonplace in your home. Also, I wonder if having it the size of your entire forearm isn’t too much? It just seems like a lot of space to fill with a cannon but I suppose if you go to the right artist they can make it into something that will fit well. I would think somehow also incorporating baseball into it somehow. Research artists, take your time.

babicz
Participant
@babicz

Appreciate the comment buttwheat, definitely turned my perspective a little. And Adler, I have questioned everything you just mentioned. I thought the right forearm was just proper placement due to me being a righty. And I’ve questioned the size as well. I thought something medium size would look out of place, but at the same time something the entire arm would be over blown. It’s always in my head about a visible tattoo, especially being only 19, I have no idea what I got coming. It was just something that really means something to me, something i grew up with and thought it would be a decent idea to explore. I’ve learned from the older brothers rushing a tattoo is just as bad, if not worse then rushing a relationship hahaha. I will take a look into a few artists and see what kind of input i can get. I appreciate it a lot. Thank you both of you guys.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Sounds like a good idea that you are getting a tattoo that means something. You should get it and not worry what the fuck people think because it is you wearing the tattoo not them. If you are really worried though might i suggest not getting it on your arm and change the location of the tattoo if you are worried what people might think of it.

babicz
Participant
@babicz

Wardy, this is basically the speech I was looking for. I appreciate it and that’s the outlook i’ve always had. I’ve seen many people talking about regretting a tattoo, and this is something that is meaningful, weather I get picked up and play D1 baseball, or move onto a career. Much appreciation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.