Adler
Participant
@adler

Highly unlikely you’re going to get this done in one sitting, and I’d guess he’s somewhere around 150/hr or more. Once in a while an artist may do a multiple sitting piece over a few day period (convention, guest spot situation) but they usually prefer not. And despite what you think is a high pain tolerance when you’re sitting in one place for several hours having you’re chest chewed up trust me you’ll be changing your mind about one session. Obviously you’ll have to talk to him about it and decide what you want to do and if you’re willing and able to travel for the second sitting if necessary. For my last piece which was two long sessions the artist was near me for a guest spot so the first sitting was convenient. I had to drive 4 hours for the second session but it ws well worth it.
Again, some of the other artists you posted are competent and should be able to do a good job as well if that’s the route you’re forced to take.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Thats what I was thinking. And his shop is only 2hours away from me so if he can’t do it at the convention I can go down to him a few times. Whatever works I’m pretty set on Larry if he wants to do the peice the drive and cost are worth having a stellar peice on such a large area as my chest.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

im not that bothered because i love all my tattoo’s it’s just he seemed abit mean 🙁 lol

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Please stay on topic everyones over it.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

sorry dude 🙂

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Ive seen larry’s b/g work but i havent seen much of his color/cartoon realistic work. Does he do a lot of them? I love his b/g fantasy stuff.

Adler
Participant
@adler
yodaddynukka;85425 wrote:
Ive seen larry’s b/g work but i havent seen much of his color/cartoon realistic work. Does he do a lot of them? I love his b/g fantasy stuff.

http://tattoocityskinart.com/Larry'sTattooGallery4_Custom.htm
More categories at the bottom of the page.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Thanks, i totally forgot about that tyrell caricature he did!

Adler
Participant
@adler

So what’s your opinion on Brogan for this?

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Ive already emailed him and tim bierdron asking if they would want to do it

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

I think he would totally kill it. But for me, this is just for me, i would love to have a new skool twist to the piece. Still would be super awesome as is tho.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

either who does it is going to kill it and I’m letting them have total freedom with it mine sketch is just a quick idea.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Larry Brogan is going to do it and my first session is in Green Bay at a convention there august 25th to the 28th

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Congratulations. I’m truly happy for you. I glad you listened to what we saying and went for quality. This is going to be one bad ass tattoo I’m extremely jealous man.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Yeah, congrats. And I really like your attitude of trusting the artist with artistic freedom and creativity off your rough sketch. I think you’re going to be really happy with what he comes up with. Good for you, now comes the wait!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.