ArniVidar
@arnividar
buttwheat;85329 wrote:
Dude you have no clue what you are talking about. This thread shows it, you tell him not to get it done as a cartoon? WTF that is what makes this an awesome idea.

That that is what makes it an awesome idea is your opinion. You are entitled to it, as is WardyInk

WardyInk;85334 wrote:
i dident say no such thing butweat
I said get a different artist to make it look like a good cartoon.

Oh?

WardyInk;85267 wrote:
i would get somebody else to draw your tattoo’s for you and not have a cartoon octopus :/

In fact, you did say just that.

WardyInk;85342 wrote:
Edler what the hell dude? i was just giving a honest not even a bad opinion to somebody and this guy just insults me and throws abuse at me for some reason.

For someone that’s heavily tattooed and even has finger tattoos, you are incredibly sensitive to criticism.

That wasn’t an insult. That was him giving his opinion that a person with nautical stars should not be telling other people that their ideas are lame. The fact that you took it so poorly says far more about you than it does about butthead.

WardyInk;85342 wrote:
do you just love to have trouble makers on your forum..

Not at all. I’ll ban you the next time you start flinging shit in here. You have been warned.

Now, take your arguments out of this thread and stay on topic. All of you.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Whats a tattoo forum without drama?

Of the artists that you have posted I think Laurent is the best The tattoo of the tomato shows me he understands how to tattoo depth. But seriously to step up to an elite artist really doesn’t cost that much more.What is an extra $200? You said you where young so lets say your 20yo old the tattoo if you take good care of it will last(look good) for 20 plus years. so that is $10 a year a great investment if you ask me.

Adler
Participant
@adler
buttwheat;85370 wrote:
… But seriously to step up to an elite artist really doesn’t cost that much more.What is an extra $200? You said you where young so lets say your 20yo old the tattoo if you take good care of it will last(look good) for 20 plus years. so that is $10 a year a great investment if you ask me.

That’s usually the way I consider it, too. I would much rather spend a little more for a top of the line artist and know I’m getting a top of the line tattoo. But obviously not everyone thinks the same, including a close friend of mine who prefers to pay less and gets average tattoos and is happy with them. I try, but I can never convince him otherwise. But I’m also proud to have become a tattoo snob over the years.

And I admit I’m not very computer literate but I could never figure out how to use multiple quotes in one post the way ArniVidar just did. That’s something I’m not so proud of. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Adler;85374 wrote:
And I admit I’m not very computer literate but I could never figure out how to use multiple quotes in one post the way ArniVidar just did. That’s something I’m not so proud of. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

I’m right there with you

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

this is pathetic. people just stick up for there friends on here when they are clearly in the wrong all of you need to grow the fuck up.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Just Emailed Larry Brogan about a convention hes doing up in Green Bay, WI so hopefully he’ll be able to take me up there and then i have an extra month to save some cash flow

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Awesome. His work is brilliant ๐Ÿ™‚

Adler
Participant
@adler
TheShepherd;85398 wrote:
Just Emailed Larry Brogan about a convention hes doing up in Green Bay, WI so hopefully he’ll be able to take me up there and then i have an extra month to save some cash flow

Good luck.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Thank you I’m going to need it. Does anyone know how much he charges per hour?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

No doubt it’s somewhere over the Ben Franklin mark.

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

Thats what I was expecting. How much time on average would a full chest peice usually take and is it possible to do in 1 session?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That all depends on the artist. We have this guy here in Iceland called Thomas Asher and he whips out full-color cover-up sleeves in single sessions. He’s a fantastic machine. Then you have others that will simply work slower, and of course the tolerance of the tattooee has everything to do with the amount of time in the chair. My tattoo wasn’t very big, but I must admit that around the end of my 2 hour sitting I was seriously regretting doing it and promising never to do it again. ๐Ÿ˜‰
This tells me that I may not be able to tolerate more than maybe 3 hours at a time… which will be limiting for my future tattoos ๐Ÿ™‚

TheShepherd
Participant
@theshepherd

hmm well sitting shouldnt be a problem i have a relatively high pain tolerance and I’d much prefer to get it done in one or 2 sessions if i can get it done by Larry seeing as hes only in Green Bay for 4 days.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well you wouldn’t do more than one session in 4 days anyway, so let’s hope he’s a machine ๐Ÿ™‚ He can no doubt tell you how long he thinks it would take him, if he’s even interested in doing you work of course.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yeah every artist works at different speeds. On my Phantom of the opera tattoo Fat did it in about 2 1/2 hours (that’s one side of my lower leg complete). Then on my Yukon Cornelius Cory took about 7 hours. Both cost about the same. Just work in “so you much do you think this is going to run? so I can bring enough cash.” into the email conversions you have with him. So when it comes to pay him he will say “oh yeah I said $$$ “

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.