poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

What has happened to this place…

Honestly? I like your tattoos. Of the few actually GOOD tattoos I’ve seen on this site lately, and you get shit.
There is nothing wrong with them at all. I like the meaning of them, and I like the execution.
Maybe it’s not actually a sleeve, but it might be once it’s all done. Work in progress should also be treated as just that; Work in progress.

So, don’t let all the harsh comments bother you. There is nothing actually wrong with it 🙂 Nice to see someone who hasn’t made a stupid decision and needs a cover-up! ^^

Prawln
Participant
@prawln

Thanks heaps eh!

It means alot that you say that, it really does!
I’m glad at least someone likes it 🙂

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

No problem 🙂 Earlier you would’ve gotten honest, construtive feedback from people who know what they’re talking about. And any negative feedback, would mainly have been constructive, at least on a work in progress piece… Not “that’s the worst ever!!”. Don’t let it make you crazy thinking about it, like Sherav told me once. Whatever he says, THAT you can believe and trust 😉
Bullshit feedback isn’t worth much anyways 🙂

Panthen
Participant
@panthen
poxphobia;83006 wrote:
What has happened to this place…

Honestly? I like your tattoos. Of the few actually GOOD tattoos I’ve seen on this site lately

If you think uneven lines, blowouts, messy script are “GOOD” then I am seriously glad my standards aren’t as low as yours.

Prawln
Participant
@prawln

man whats your problem? are you not getting any? why you gotta attack everyone?

Yeah ok I get that you dont like it and that it apprently has blow outs etc….
maybe make it constructive and tell me where the blow outs are on the tattoo etc etc

Thanks Pox.. lol wheres this Sherav guy lol need to no what they think so I no the truth 🙂

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i think the line work on the mic is good. there are some uneven lines but overall its nice. i like it.

Prawln
Participant
@prawln

Thanks man, I do agree that some of the lines are uneven but i didnt think it was “the worst” and shiz..

Adler
Participant
@adler

To pick it apart, I’d say some of the lines on the chest work are a little blown out in places but not bad, but the lines are a little wobbly and unevenly spaced. Overall the linework and mic on the outter arm is pretty good but I think the shading could use a little more contrast. Some of the script on the inner arm is also unevenly spaced and aligned, and again the lines on the musical stave on inner arm are not straight unless they’re meant to be curved. All that said, it’s not horrible by any means and definitely not the worst I’ve seen but could have used a little more patience and attention to detail. Overall it’s pretty good though. That’s my detailed constructive criticism and the truth as I see it.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia
Panthen;83015 wrote:
If you think uneven lines, blowouts, messy script are “GOOD” then I am seriously glad my standards aren’t as low as yours.

Really? Some uneven lines are perfectly normal, especially when it’s still in progress. He doesn’t have any big flaws, just minor. And… Blowouts? Show me, please. Messy script? Still, work in progress. He might be in the prosess of adding more to that specific area, which might actually make it pretty nice.
Low standards? Honestly. But I do however have a RESPECT for others, and the fact that they’re going to live with it – Forever. It’s not a shitty tattoo. The few flaws that it does have, can be fixed. And as, again, it is a work in progress, the artist himself might be very well aware of them, but intend on fixing them when the tattoo has healed up properly and you can tell if it’s a flaw – or a swelling. I generally resent give to harsh feedback on a WIP. Learn from Adler. His feedback, made sence, and reminds of why I still bother checking out this forum 🙂

Get your act straight. You haven’t even introduces yourself(which used to be requiered…), or bothered showing any of your work. Do that, and someone might care what you have to say.

Sherav…. WE MISS YOU! Come back, please ;p

Prawln
Participant
@prawln

Adler! Thats exactly what I wanted to hear! Thank you sir! some of the lines on the musical bars on my under are are ment to be curved. big ups man just wanted to hear what it needed etc not get an ass raping from naam lol

Pox… im in love with you lol… your the mantus for stick up and helping! but i do have to agree about Panthen… I was trying to have a look and he doesnt have any ink work on here… does that mean he has none at all and just likes to “play mean to keep guys keen” on him lol

Adler
Participant
@adler

But we also have to be honest and not overlook mistakes or poor execution just because the tattoo isn’t completed. Regardless, there is some wobbly, uneven and inconsistent linework and you cant write that off as just being a WIP. It’s not like an artist is thinking he’ll poorly execute some difficult lines and fix them later. The same goes for the script, some letters and words are not spaced and aligned evenly and that, too, cannot just be attributed to an incompleted piece. If flaws are going to be accurrately attributed to a tattoo being incomplete I would think that would be more with the shading and background which can be enhanced later but not with finished lines and letters.

Panthen
Participant
@panthen

What Adler said.

Also, I don’t know what introducing myself has to do with stating obvious flaws.

Where did you get your work done, Prawln?

Prawln
Participant
@prawln

In NZ why?

Put some pics up of your tattoos Panthen

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
poxphobia;83028 wrote:
And… Blowouts? Show me, please.

Check the chest piece it has blowouts all over it.( you just have to look past the pointy man boobs)

35069_137997196229530_100000577515802_294697_7254977_n.jpg

Prawln
Participant
@prawln

Well at the end of the day… i like it.. others like it (not you guys) and I still like going to my tattooist and like what she does…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.