jmechlin
Participant
@jmechlin

I saw a picture of a guy who had it done a while back. It didn’t look all that bad. Can’t seem to find it though. I’ve always thought mentally challenged sounded much harsher than retarded. Either way you don’t come off as clever as you would like to believe Goldengraemes. More like Intellectually disabled and ignorant.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

So serious on here light up after the first (mistake) as that is what it was, I got jumped all over by an internet warrior who is trying to come of as the voice of the people, no wonder the site is quiet if someone says something that you don’t agree with or like it gets attacked straight away with no thought to what the person has written may have been in error,and to be honest I don’t kindly to being sworn at for what was originally a genuine error by typing something without thought which isn’t offensive and if it was then my god the world has gone too far with the politically correctness. I only said what I said after that to wind up shitehawk who must have any idea of a sense of humor.

And the word Nigger would never be used in this context and is taking things a little far in my opinion.

The tattoo is a bad idea and wont be a good one if he goes through with is as on paper it may sound good but It wont work on the body.
Failing the headphones you could go for a Flavor Flave chain with clock that would look the shizzle.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
goldengraemes;76885 wrote:
So serious on here light up after the first (mistake) as that is what it was ….. I don’t kindly to being sworn at for what was originally a genuine error by typing something without thought which isn’t offensive

goldengraemes;76621 wrote:
Wow thats heavy I will use whatever language I like, if it offends you so be it.

Mistake, huh?

Brittani
Participant
@brittani

To bring the subject back to the original topic…I think the concept of the headphones is cool, but it might not turn out exactly like you had planned. Maybe you could draw it on yourself first to see how you would like it? That’s what I would do..

jmechlin
Participant
@jmechlin

^^^ I love to do that! always looks like rubbish when I draw em, but it did help me get an idea of how I wanted my chest piece. I also do my knuckles quite often lol

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes
ArniVidar;76895 wrote:
Mistake, huh?

The original GAY was but the rest of it wasn’t.

Is there only 5 or 6 people on this site?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Nope. But there are only a handful of people interested in this thread.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Your funny :rolleyes:

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

This thread makes me feel so gay, in the 1930’s way. You know, Like, happy. because conflict online between strangers is funny. Which fills me to the brim with gayness.

@Goldengrames- It’s “you’re funny”, not “your funny”. “Your funny” makes the funny possessive and becomes a meaningless state meant like you are pointing out that arni has a funny. It has the tone like Arni has a funny that came to your house and peed on your rug, like “your funny came to my house and peed on my rug”. “You’re” is a contraction of you and are which makes the sentence “you are funny”.

This english lesson was brought to you by the gay foundation of the internet brining you 80 years of happiness stolen by 15 years of homosexuality.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hey Gsouder

We cannot blame those who are homosexual for stealing the term ‘gay’ – after all it was heterosexuals that pinned that term on them and they adopted it.

I think it went like this;

2 men sat in a bar and are bitching about their wives nagging. They see 2 other men walking out smiling hand in hand.

One turns to the other and says ‘I bet they are happy because they don’t have a woman nagging them day and night!’.

The other goes ‘Yep they seem really gay!’.

It could be the true roots of the term or just me making it up 😀

The fact remains whether we agree or disagree with what 2 consenting adults get up-to in their private life is simply not my business (because there is a range of shit that ppl get upto that I would consider ‘wrong’ or strange, same as my habits may upset somebody else) and I don’t need to degrade them at every opportunity.

I have better shit to worry about such as finding new employment, bills, food on the table. You know general living.

As for the argument it does not hurt anybody – just think if somebody thought an idea was shit or stupid started typing

That’s (your mother’s name)! How soon would it be before you got annoyed or offended?

The whole PC argument does not come into there are somethings which are just wrong and insulting and nobody likes it when it is done to them (even if it is indirectly).

Take care
Matthew

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Shreav,

Maybe my humor gets lost somewhere in the internet sometimes. I thought the whole post was sufficiently tongue in cheek enough to imply that the last line was a joke, not an accusation of an actual theft of a word by a group people who, on the whole, are clearly gay (meaning happy).

Also, I don’t agree with you on the PC comment. By isolating a word and defending it as sacred YOU give power to that word. By telling people that Nigger is a horrible word that should never be use we give the weight of that word to the people that do use it. It’s this power that creates adversity and pain, not the other way around.

Yeah, we all have egos. If you call me a fat piece of shit and I know I’m neither fat or a piece of shit and I chose to react it’s MY bad, not yours. The fact of the matter is that people think ideas are shit all the time both on here and in real life and have no problem with sharing those opinions. Only you (the ideaee) has the power to make those word heavy or not.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes
Gsouder;76955 wrote:
This thread makes me feel so gay, in the 1930’s way. You know, Like, happy. because conflict online between strangers is funny. Which fills me to the brim with gayness.

@Goldengrames- It’s “you’re funny”, not “your funny”. “Your funny” makes the funny possessive and becomes a meaningless state meant like you are pointing out that arni has a funny. It has the tone like Arni has a funny that came to your house and peed on your rug, like “your funny came to my house and peed on my rug”. “You’re” is a contraction of you and are which makes the sentence “you are funny”.

This english lesson was brought to you by the gay foundation of the internet brining you 80 years of happiness stolen by 15 years of homosexuality.

Well done you can spell better than me I hope you feel super gay:cool:

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Gsouder

The post on the origins of the change of the word gay is just me messing about with the idea that ppl sometimes look at something with a partial envy or a throwaway comment and like memes they catch on.
There was nothing serious in the content of it. It was just humour that we tend to label everything and sometimes the origins of why can be bizarre. 🙂

As for the rest we can always respect each other’s opinion.

For me political correctness is something I see as an oxymoron – we know instinctively what is right and wrong (for the most part) and don’t need an official body of ppl saying what is and is not appropriate as we should just know. If not I have my wife to correct me 😮

That said you are right in the argument by denying a word it will in effect give it more power – something to think on actually.

As always openess and respect to you.

Take Care
Matthew

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

Interesting thread – btw, Nighthawk could start an argument in an empty phonebox ! – check over his past threads — anyone who disagrees with his point of view is automatically branded a dickhead etc….

whilst on the same topic, I watched an Australian comedian on tv recently who was commenting on the modern phenomenon of “I’m offended by that !” – he basically said “so what – grow up and get over it !” – I tend to agree, and stating that kids are comitting suicide all over the place for being called gay is in my opinion complete and utter bollocks ! Being gay certainly doesn’t have the same negative stigma attached to it that it that used to have, and coming out with the kind of vitriol that KH did is way over the top in response to what was I’m sure an innocent throwaway comment ! BTW – over here my kids use the term “gay” to mean crap, rubbish, etc.. and they are far more tolerant and politically correct than my generation – if them and their friends use it and aren’t offended than I’m sure a tattoood, shaven headed grown man shouldn’t be so sensitive !

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Actually, if you haven’t been paying attention to the news, there has been a recent and disastrous upswing in teen suicides directly because of the homophobia in their societies. All over the world, being gay is still considered quite the taboo and kids are still getting beaten up because of their sexuality. Don’t belittle that fact, and don’t belittle the struggles that the gay community has been working through over the past decades by once again turning the entire concept into a bad thing.

As for your kids using gay to mean crap and rubbish and such, perhaps you should then teach them the true meaning of the word and how to use it… using it in such a derogatory fashion is silly at best.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • The topic ‘Headphones’ is closed to new replies.