markh
Participant
@markh

Boost, it’s great to have an idea of what you want but you should let your artist design it for you. That is why you pay them. They are the professionals and if they are any good they can give you a design that will work with your ideas.

Boost
Participant
@boost

Guys, you are all really good people… thanks for being straight with me…I honestly appreciate hearng the truth, thats what real friends are for ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyways… after much thought….and rethinking…. i have had my 2nd tattoo…. I was in the chair 6 hrs!!! and got another 3 hrs left (in 3 weeks time)….

Please be nice this time haha… (just kidding) here are my pics… its still sore….as I only had it a 2 days ago…and its still going to lighten up a lot yet and a lot of healing to do yet…

myarm3rddayafterwithmyshadingont-1.jpg

The very top line is a marker I used to see how it will ‘cap off the top…as this is how its going to be finshed as its not finshed yet… but shows how it will look.. 6 hrs was a long sitting…but i could have sat longer but they had finshed for the day.

Take care guys…hope u like it so far.

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

Better than your other design. I like the variety in it ๐Ÿ™‚

Boost
Participant
@boost
Poesy;68792 wrote:
Better than your other design. I like the variety in it ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank u Poesy ๐Ÿ™‚ the bottom leaf still needs some lines drawn on to make the leaf look curled up at the sides.. i think this tattoo will look much nicer than the other idea… I want to stick with the Asian tattoo style for all my tattoo’s in the future.. Thanks for the feedback ๐Ÿ™‚

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh

I really like that hun! The swirls are a really neat touch… so yea what else do you plan on doing around it, if anything? I like it the way it is, nice and simple. Good luck and great choice with the artist! They did a fab job!

Boost;64923 wrote:
Hi everyone, I just had my 1st tattoo which was around 2 hrs and have already booked my next session in 3 weeks time, which will be from elbow to shoulder. This is going to be around 4hrs for the next session and all kept in black and grey.. I’m really looking forward to having this done but I’m not very good at being patient and waiting for anything, so its going to be a long 3 weeks :rolleyes: ๐Ÿ˜‰

Here’s my Dragon….I had this done 1 week ago.. I’ll post up the new pics when I get some more work..

chinesedragon.jpg

This is a great site and looking forward to seeing some more of all your own tattoo’s ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hope you like mine ๐Ÿ™‚

AhshKoshBGosh
Participant
@ahshkoshbgosh

Wow i did not see this post before i replied… I LOVE IT!!!! It’s just frickin awesome hun way to go!! Your artist did very well i think and cant wait to see more when its finished.

Boost;68790 wrote:
Guys, you are all really good people… thanks for being straight with me…I honestly appreciate hearng the truth, thats what real friends are for ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyways… after much thought….and rethinking…. i have had my 2nd tattoo…. I was in the chair 6 hrs!!! and got another 3 hrs left (in 3 weeks time)….

Please be nice this time haha… (just kidding) here are my pics… its still sore….as I only had it a 2 days ago…and its still going to lighten up a lot yet and a lot of healing to do yet…

myarm3rddayafterwithmyshadingont-1.jpg

The very top line is a marker I used to see how it will ‘cap off the top…as this is how its going to be finshed as its not finshed yet… but shows how it will look.. 6 hrs was a long sitting…but i could have sat longer but they had finshed for the day.

Take care guys…hope u like it so far.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

id like this tattoo a lot more if you took a few more pics flexing with your top off ๐Ÿ˜€ muhauhuhuhaahaha
actually !! it does look really neat ! love the detail of the smoke coming from the dragons mouth.

Boost
Participant
@boost
AhshKoshBGosh;68806 wrote:
Wow i did not see this post before i replied… I LOVE IT!!!! It’s just frickin awesome hun way to go!! Your artist did very well i think and cant wait to see more when its finished.

Thank u! ๐Ÿ˜‰ thats very cool.. u made me feel good to know u like it so far.. Its still quite sore so I think it will show the lighter and darker areas more when its healed .. but all good so far.. big thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Boost
Participant
@boost
Butterfly;68826 wrote:
id like this tattoo a lot more if you took a few more pics flexing with your top off ๐Ÿ˜€ muhauhuhuhaahaha
actually !! it does look really neat ! love the detail of the smoke coming from the dragons mouth.

haha… i wasnt expecting u to say that ๐Ÿ˜€ thanks for the cool feedback…i’m feeling happy with my tattoo now and looing forward to having the last session to finish the top off ๐Ÿ™‚ (I like that u liked the smoke ๐Ÿ˜‰ )

Boost
Participant
@boost

deleted.. as i double posted.

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301

That looks awesome!!!

One thing I don’t like though is that the grey (smoke) background continues at the top making it look like the whole scene is engulfed in this big grey oval. I personally like wavy pointy lines (like from the flames and flower tips) to extend out onto bare, non-backgrounded skin. It looks really cool that way. Just my personal opinion though. It may look more like that as it fades.

Overall the artist incorporated your idea onto your arm in a really awesome way! Good shit!

KJD2121
Participant
@kjd2121

Looks good dude – Nothing wrong with Cherry Blossoms – Mine will be colored though.

_D204145.jpg

Boost
Participant
@boost
irishman301;68843 wrote:
That looks awesome!!!

One thing I don’t like though is that the grey (smoke) background continues at the top making it look like the whole scene is engulfed in this big grey oval. I personally like wavy pointy lines (like from the flames and flower tips) to extend out onto bare, non-backgrounded skin. It looks really cool that way. Just my personal opinion though. It may look more like that as it fades.

Overall the artist incorporated your idea onto your arm in a really awesome way! Good shit!

Hey Irishman, guess what… the top part I have drawn on in marker pen! ๐Ÿ™‚ I mentioned it in my 1st post with my pic to say, the top hasnt been finsihed yet….so I have drawin it in with a black pen and shaded in inside to show u how it would look. But, now you have mentioned it…. I have time to look into this and see how I might be able to do something better. I was thinking about clouds around the top earlier.. which would be staggered a bit.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, thats really cool to hear ๐Ÿ™‚

Boost
Participant
@boost
KJD2121;68844 wrote:
Looks good dude – Nothing wrong with Cherry Blossoms – Mine will be colored though.]

Thanks KJD, I was thinking about doing my cherry blossoms in red… but then decided to keep the black and grey theme ๐Ÿ™‚ still have a 3 hrs sitting left yet in a few weeks to finish it off.

I just took my 1st pic (quickly) of it in the sun. Its only 3 days since the tat was done, so I am keeping it in the shade and sleeves covering it.

1st time I have seen it in the sun….but it will need a few weeks to heal fully and then more work to complete.. thanks for the feedback ๐Ÿ˜‰

inthesun4daysafter2ndtattoojune2010.jpg

irishman301
Participant
@irishman301
Boost;68848 wrote:
Hey Irishman, guess what… the top part I have drawn on in marker pen! ๐Ÿ™‚ I mentioned it in my 1st post with my pic to say, the top hasnt been finsihed yet….so I have drawin it in with a black pen and shaded in inside to show u how it would look. But, now you have mentioned it…. I have time to look into this and see how I might be able to do something better. I was thinking about clouds around the top earlier.. which would be staggered a bit.

Thanks a lot for the feedback, thats really cool to hear ๐Ÿ™‚

Ya, I saw that you said that, but I thought that you were talking about just the one line….like the very outer edge of the upper ‘grey area’. I didn’t know you were talking about all the gray. But it still looks sweet nontheless!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.