GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

That’s a gorgeous tattoo! I love the marlin, buttwheat.

Do you think darker colors are necessary? Should I urge him to dark it up a bit? Mainly the problem is that it’s a lumpy, uneven surface and it sinks in. I’m hoping it turns out. He saw it in person and seemed confident – I’m within 10 lbs. of my ideal body weight, so I shouldn’t be stretching it out for a good many years.

Maybe you or someone else should answer this… Part of me wonders if I should go lighter because if I have a child/continue living it will likely stretch with age due to changes, and I’ll have to tattoo over it. Then another part of me wonders if I shouldn’t go with a darker palette. I do very well with pastels due to paper skin and I thrive even with white ink. Any and all help is welcome.

Or should I just shut up and trust the artist based on his awards, portfolio, and the fact he gave me one beautiful tattoo?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 126647 wrote:

I have a tattoo that reacted very poorly that left a large scar on my chest. You can can feel it.

Can I feel it too?

Bullshit aside, real nice tattoo!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Your scar is light enough you could maybe get away with the lighter colors but that is yours and your artist decision. You can always go darker but it’s hard go lighter without a laser.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@buttwheat 126650 wrote:

Your scar is light enough you could maybe get away with the lighter colors but that is yours and your artist decision. You can always go darker but it’s hard go lighter without a laser.

Just out of plain old curiosity: What would you do? I’d like lighter colors since both my color tattoos are more in the pastel range.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Go with the lighter if it doesn’t hide the scar well enough you can always go darker.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@GrayCatLove 126646 wrote:

It didn’t show up, Lola! I’ve always loved your peacock, though, and that would have been lovely. 🙁

Well, I have an untouched back, and I need more animal tattoos. Good idea for the future! 🙂

I forgot that facebook links don’t work. It is on the “Tattoo’s and Twisted Shit” page on FB. Was posted about an hour ago. The way they have it positioned would have been perfect for your scar – if you added a little more tail plumage.

My local artist spent a bit of time in India, and told me about seeing them there and about how fierce they are! But I like the way they look, and they do make great tattoos.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Thanks, buttwheat and Lola. Peacocks are very fierce (and slightly evil). I had an experience, once.

I’m definitely going to ask him to keep it in the lighter range since it does well in my skin. I’m excited for the Indian bluebird/blue robin, one of the world’s most primitive flycatchers. Waiting is the hardest part. 🙁

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

2ngzjft.jpg

Same kid at Alley Cat, Ryan, who did my rose started this today. Shading and outline is done, and now I heal up for the color. It’s much bigger than anything I’ve done before… Honest feelings: I’m thrilled with the flora and shading. The bird is acceptable, but he asserts once it’s colored and retouched I’ll be a happy camper.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

It looks tits

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

WOW! Looking good. Scar is gone already.

Can’t wait to see it after he gets his crayons out.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@buttwheat 127225 wrote:

It looks tits

Tits good or bad?

@Call_me_Lola 127227 wrote:

WOW! Looking good. Scar is gone already.

Can’t wait to see it after he gets his crayons out.

I’m excited, too! Thank you!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

It looks great!
    Tits are usually good, especially in this case!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Tits is/are always good 😉

Thaela
    Participant
    @thaela

Very nice! Can’t wait to see it when it’s finished!

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Thank you all for being so supportive on a tattoo that’s the most important tattoo I’ve ever gotten. Ryan McDonald started tattooing in 2009, and he’s come a long way in a short time. Short of Black 13, I can’t imagine letting any other shop touch such a sensitive area as my OC scar in my state. I was expecting something more vine-like in nature, but I prefer this along with the symmetry.

As a side note that only women care about, this scar had been drastically affecting my sex life after a rather ugly reaction, so since I started seeing someone new and wanted a “fresh start” after the tattoo and went and bought new lingerie. New partner had never seen my abdomen fully uncovered, and it was work to find the scar. Woot!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.