Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Dave Van;90120 wrote:
I think that is a kick ass idea! I’d definitely go with that.

Just realized something. Be careful with that idea, a robin is a relatively small bird, and the rose could end up looking like some miniature flower or just way out of proportion to the bird. Remember that it’s your skin. If you don’t like the drawing make the artist redo it. If he tries to charge more, he’s a dick.

Plague
Participant
@plague

That skull is def awesome, one of the best i seen. I dont prefer the robin cuz it doesnt seem to be fitting, i would go w/ a raven or something like that. But, if u are liking the robin , then thats cool. Just offering my opinion. The raven just makes more sense. With the robin ppl arent gonna see hiw it fits and will prob ask. How does it fit in your thoughts if i may ask? Either way… Get that skull!!

caliguy
Participant
@caliguy
Plague;90132 wrote:
That skull is def awesome, one of the best i seen. I dont prefer the robin cuz it doesnt seem to be fitting, i would go w/ a raven or something like that. But, if u are liking the robin , then thats cool. Just offering my opinion. The raven just makes more sense. With the robin ppl arent gonna see hiw it fits and will prob ask. How does it fit in your thoughts if i may ask? Either way… Get that skull!!

I don’t mind you asking. As someone pointed out earlier, the contrasting images between the skull and robin makes the piece really interesting…a symbol of life and death.

I think a crow or a raven would look great too…but I like tats that are very artsy and imo, the robin does that and gives it more of a healing look. I was a little worried that it may look a little girly but you guys have put those worries to rest.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

One thing to consider, also, is that a raven is a much larger bird than the robin, so from a perspective standpoing it’s probably going to have both head and ass on the other side of the arm or something ๐Ÿ™‚

Amok
Participant
@amok

How about something like this?

Actually I just wanted to post those titties.

Plague
Participant
@plague
caliguy;90141 wrote:
I don’t mind you asking. As someone pointed out earlier, the contrasting images between the skull and robin makes the piece really interesting…a symbol of life and death.

I think a crow or a raven would look great too…but I like tats that are very artsy and imo, the robin does that and gives it more of a healing look. I was a little worried that it may look a little girly but you guys have put those worries to rest.

Ight, makes sense. What about another symbol (bird, othet animal, etc) that is red and symbolizes life? I dont think of the robin as a symbol of life at first look. Just tryin to think of something that ppl would understand w/o u explaining it.

caliguy
Participant
@caliguy
Plague;90180 wrote:
Ight, makes sense. What about another symbol (bird, othet animal, etc) that is red and symbolizes life? I dont think of the robin as a symbol of life at first look. Just tryin to think of something that ppl would understand w/o u explaining it.

eh, i wouldn’t mind explaining it. i actually have two things that symbolizes life (robin and the plant) and two things that symbolizes death (skull, black rose). i’m going to an artist who’s really good…so we’ll see how the black rose idea translates.

bboarder06
Participant
@bboarder06

Just out of curiosity, where did you decide to get it done. I was just checking the appointment book at work and saw a guy is coming in to get a skull and robin. And seeing that you’re from CA, I thought it’d be crazy if that was you.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

That bird is not a robin, by the way. It looks like small songbird, more like a red-faced warbler. A robin doesn’t have a red face, and has a larger body shape than the one in the tattoo.

Not that anyone cares what kind of bird it is… but yeah :p Cool tattoo anyway!

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
Thaela;90874 wrote:
That bird is not a robin, by the way. It looks like small songbird, more like a red-faced warbler. A robin doesn’t have a red face, and has a larger body shape than the one in the tattoo.

Not that anyone cares what kind of bird it is… but yeah :p Cool tattoo anyway!

Lol I totally did an eye roll before reading that last bit, but yeah, I can understand the compulsion to set people straight. Just ask my wife! :p

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

if you want someone in california that would do a sick job on something like this, check out phil garcia. this is right up his alley.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
yodaddynukka;90879 wrote:
if you want someone in california that would do a sick job on something like this, check out phil garcia. this is right up his alley.

Yeah, Cali is such a small state, he’s probably practically right next door! ๐Ÿ˜€ j/k, nukka, don’t get yer panties in a bunch.

caliguy
Participant
@caliguy
bboarder06;90850 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, where did you decide to get it done. I was just checking the appointment book at work and saw a guy is coming in to get a skull and robin. And seeing that you’re from CA, I thought it’d be crazy if that was you.

Haha it probably is me….I’m going to outter limits in costa mesa.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Dave Van;90882 wrote:
Yeah, Cali is such a small state, he’s probably practically right next door! ๐Ÿ˜€ j/k, nukka, don’t get yer panties in a bunch.

I drive from norcal to socal all the time to get ink. In fact, im leaving tonight to get work in socal. So if u are serious about your ink a few hours drive aint no thang but a chicken wang.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
caliguy;90883 wrote:
Haha it probably is me….I’m going to outter limits in costa mesa.

Outer limits is a great shop also. Are u getting any work from barba?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.