caliguy
Participant
@caliguy
Wardy
Participant
@wardy

fucking love it! looks awesome i am a huge fan of skulls! get rid of the bird though and put something of your own you make it unique and kick ass to your liking!

And welcome to the forum dude!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Love the tat and don’t think the bird makes it girly at all.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
D3FiANC3;90055 wrote:

doesn’t look girly just don’t really think it looks good with the bird.

Badger81
Participant
@badger81
D3FiANC3;90055 wrote:

I agree, think the bird works well with it, what a great peice of art that is!

Amok
Participant
@amok

That’s a nice tattoo, and the bird just makes it even more freaky.

Ugly decrepit skull symbolising death + pretty bird symbolising life (or freedom) = winning combination

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Meh, not loving the bird. Mainly because it’s oddly colored and not a s well rendered as the rest of the tat. I’d say at least a better version of a robin, but if I wanted something along those lines, ( i really like dark stuff though), I’d go with a crow or raven. Amok made a good point about the contrasting images, though.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

l.jpg

That is an awesome tattoo and not to girly at all.
I would assume by your name your in California right? As for holding up you will have to protect it from the sun. So the inside of the forearm is naturally protected from the sun but I would also be using sunscreen on it.

Now that you have found such a good example of this tattoo you will need to look pretty hard to find a equally skilled artist to tattoo you or you will be disappointed in it. Unless you have this guy do it but he is in Dublin.

Amok
Participant
@amok

I like Dave’s idea of the raven, that would be one wickedly dark tattoo.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Dave Van;90065 wrote:
Meh, not loving the bird. Mainly because it’s oddly colored and not a s well rendered as the rest of the tat. I’d say at least a better version of a robin, but if I wanted something along those lines, ( i really like dark stuff though), I’d go with a crow or raven. Amok made a good point about the contrasting images, though.

what dave said a crow would look class!!!!!!

And who even said it looked girly?!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

It almost seems like the skull is an add-on, and the robin was there before. It doesn’t look as well done. I’m loving that piece, however, and nothing about it is girly.

caliguy
Participant
@caliguy

thanks for the replies!

ok so it’s not girly…apparently that was just me being paranoid since it’s going on my forearm.

i agree with those who say that the bird could be better. not sure if i’m going with a robin but if i do, it’ll be altered.

i’ve thought about it and i don’t think i could go with a crow. the piece is enhanced by the red color on the robin imo and since crows are all black, the tat would lose some of that ‘wow’ factor. need a bird with some red color even if it is just a hint of it.

caliguy
Participant
@caliguy

just got an idea…

what would you guys think of the robin holding a thorny black rose with its beak?

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
caliguy;90116 wrote:
just got an idea…

what would you guys think of the robin holding a thorny black rose with its beak?

I think that is a kick ass idea! I’d definitely go with that.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Like the idea of another bird … a raven comes to mind – nevermore!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.