Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder
Sherav;76172 wrote:
The tear drops vary but usually the number is the number of sentences or years served.

It can also mean the loss of loved ones if it is an outline only usually means that somebody has died.
If it is half filled in you intend to avenge their death. IE murder the person responsible.
If it is filled in you have killed somebody (usually in revenge for a murder of a loved one).

These sort of tattoos are something that to an outsider is strange and/or frightening but like anything if a person gets to know you then it does not make as much difference.

I’m not sure there is much someone can say to me once I find out they voluntary murdered someone, revenge or not.

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

Oh Dear God!!! I HAVE MY FACE AND HANDS TATTOOED!!

Does this mean I’m DOOMED………………

Bahahahahahaha 😀

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Iz

Yes you are doomed to never go back to that job you most prob hated and give up the profession you rock at.
I am thinking of going hobbit hunting can I call by your studio?

Good to see you back on boards and hope you are well.

Matthew

Izarrasink
Participant
@izarrasink

You sure can! Matamata home of the hobbits is about an hours drive from us:D

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Frodos’ head would look fantastic mounted on my wall over the fireplace.

JoyFly
Participant
@joyfly

I just got an all white tattoo done on my left wrist last Friday. All my scabs are off and I mostly did the “dry heal” method!

My tatto is a lil pink right now but I am sure in 2 weeks or so it should be white!!

I know I know I am gonna hear it about the white tattoo….. but its ok

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

To the OP, can we see some pictures of these magical hand tattoos yet?!

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

So much valuable stuff has been said so I will just ditto most. Each persons healing is unique to them so just continue to get tattooed and learn from quality tattooers that don’t do visible tattoo spots until a large portion of the body is covered.

PandorasJar
Participant
@pandorasjar

As far as I can determine you’ve got yourself hand tattoos without knowing the first thing about them and then want to jump in with a face tattoo… all in the name of sticking two fingers up at the world. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
But then to complain about people staring at them, are you serious? You’ve got a highly visible tattoo and yet are taking offence that people are looking?

Also in terms of it never affecting you with a job… please reconsider this before getting your face done. Even in construction or jobs where customers won’t see you face to face it will make a difference. Unless you are working by yourself, a boss has to take into account how a team would work with you. Facial tattoos give off a certain impression (as you well know and seem to want to make some point with) it doesn’t scream team player.

I have to also say that if someone came in with sleeves and knuckles I’d be far more likely to employ them than someone with face and knuckles or even knuckles alone. Just a psyc thing

L

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing was fake anyways, considering the guy seems to have dropped off the face of the earth?…If he was so proud, blah blah blah of getting his hands tattooed, you think he’d have shown us already proudly, not cared what everyone thought the entire damn time, then never come back?….lol. Lame.

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz
board_riider;77361 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing was fake anyways, considering the guy seems to have dropped off the face of the earth?…If he was so proud, blah blah blah of getting his hands tattooed, you think he’d have shown us already proudly, not cared what everyone thought the entire damn time, then never come back?….lol. Lame.

That’s pretty much what I was thinking.

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Glad you agree Aahzz. This whole thread was kinda….pointless then, and got a lot of people involved in what could possibly be something that never actually happened. Awesome.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

The thread is not pointless it covers a lot of issues that many ppl (even those with a lot of tattoos) may feel embarrassed about asking.

A lot of the time I hear ppl saying they do not give a flying shit what ppl think – but to some extent most care a little at least and at least this thread has shown the whole spectrum of thought from the tattooing community.

As to whether he has or not don’t really alter the overall opinions that can be drawn by somebody who is considering face or hand ink.

Take Care
Matthew

Aahzz
Participant
@aahzz

Excellent point. It’s an interesting and educational discussion regardless of the intent of the originator.

board_riider
Participant
@board_riider

Alright, I take back the pointless comment, cause I agree with you Matthew. But still, I am curious if this was in fact real, or not. Why I care? I’m not sure.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.