Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I just did a little over 4 hours straight in basically one spot the side of my palm, no numbing spray, nut up or shut up

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

Make sure you eat and get your blood suger up before you get tattooed. Most of the pass-outs I’ve seen its because they tried it on an empty stomach. Or a little fan.

khosmy
Participant
@khosmy

If your tattoo artist isn’t very chatty, just close your eyes, and imagine all kinds of silly ways for world domination :rolleyes:

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

The pain of tattooing is so over-rated

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

have no idea.after the pain you will love your tattoo.

Amok
Participant
@amok
Wardy;96547 wrote:
The pain of tattooing is so over-rated

So is getting good tattoos, apparently.

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

I’m not sure what is worse 2 or 3 burning hot needles ripping and taring your flesh to the bone or 20 needles doing it.
run hide it hurts!

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Someone described on this board once as this:

Imagine the worst sunburn you’ve ever had, and then someone comes and scratches their nails on it.

I got my first two weeks ago and that was almost it to a tee. When I tried to rate the pain for someone who asked, I told them to imagine where your pain threshold is, that point where you don’t want to take it anymore. It’s just under that. As least that’s the way it was for me. It wasn’t bad enough to make me stop, but any stronger and there might have been a discussion. But I knew I was only in the chair for an hour, so I got off easy compared to some of you nuts that go half a day in one sitting.

But at the end of it all, it was never bad enough to not make me want to come back and get another one! So it can’t be that bad!

Knitrocks
Participant
@knitrocks
Apriltg;62407 wrote:
Perhaps you were just to psyched up. Relax next time, it will not feel like being tickled but you shouldn’t be pouring sweat from the start. Actually the more you can relax the easier it is IMO.

I agree. Too much adrenalin because of your feelings.Excitement, fear of pain, happiness, expectations etc etc.

To help myself through pain I focus on my breathing and try not to get all tense and stuff. My pain gets bad after a few hours, and especially during coloring.

tattered
Participant
@tattered

it’s all a mindset find a place in your own mind and pretty soon the majority of the pain is lost and just think of the finished product when all the pain is over

micaerto
Participant
@micaerto
tattoofan91;62406 wrote:
I don’t really feel what people call ‘pain’ but I got rather dizzy headed and sweat was literally swamping down my face.. any ideas what this is and how to avoid it?

dont know if anyone have mentioned it yet, as im to tired to read 3 pages right now..ha, but popping two ibuprofen should apparantly help taking the edge off. If it works, or if its just a psychological thing, i dont know. But dont do paracetamol..

Amok
Participant
@amok
micaerto;97921 wrote:
dont know if anyone have mentioned it yet, as im to tired to read 3 pages right now..ha, but popping two ibuprofen should apparantly help taking the edge off. If it works, or if its just a psychological thing, i dont know. But dont do paracetamol..

Don’t do this, ibuprofen makes you bleed more which just makes it harder for your tattooist. Also it won’t work to reduce the pain of a tattoo as it does not work quickly enough. There are drugs that will help with tattoo pain but I’m not going to mention them.

micaerto
Participant
@micaerto
Amok;97922 wrote:
Don’t do this, ibuprofen makes you bleed more which just makes it harder for your tattooist. Also it won’t work to reduce the pain of a tattoo as it does not work quickly enough. There are drugs that will help with tattoo pain but I’m not going to mention them.

Thats what i heard about the paracetamol. Eat plenty and if needed bring a sugary drink/ chocolate or something shud do the trick. And music some says.

sbtome5998
Participant
@sbtome5998

make sure you have a sugary drink like mountain dew or even some M&M’s. Sometimes peoples bodies get stressed and put out such symptoms. men are more likely to pass out than any woman and a lot of the time eating before will help with this.

HarrisAlanify
Participant
@harrisalanify

No pain is unpossible, alcohol and other disinfectant fluid would help you a little.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.