mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

CanD you just go, get after it……….your right……….you want to wear this bad ass piece a killer artist has drawn up for you now you have a responsibility

you must
prepare your mind and body
get rest
dont get loaded
hydrate, your skin will work better
bring some snacks for along session, plan for food, you may be vegan and there might not be something cool around the shop, pack some food
prepare your mind, let youself accept it is going to hurt but tell your self you are going to be fine with it, the first couple minutes are going to suck, then you are going to take your mind onto other things and you will sit for as long as your artist wants
and you will sit still
provide just the right amount of conversation
ask your artist, we sometimes watch a movie on one of our computers

comeon now, this sh8ts your part of the process, help your artist out and you know what, they will take care of you!

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa
CandD;93142 wrote:
The first time I went in for a tattoo I knew it was going to hurt. But I also knew I was just gonna have to deal with the pain because I WANTED that tattoo. Just accept the pain or don’t get inked.

LOL,yes, we need to pay for the art! Pain is deserved!Looking good does not come cheap!:D

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

I don’t have any tattoo now,because i have not decide where should tattoo.
but my friends tell me : the most painful place was underarm followd closely by the ankles.
i guess maybe.

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

This is 9 times out of 10 just general anxiety. Try some calming techniques next time. I get apx. 1 person a week that passes out on me, be it from piercing or tattoo work. Anxiety causes you to hyperventilate causing your O2 levels to rapidly increase causing you to lose consciousness. Always eat within 4 hours prior to getting worked on also.

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1
getinkedtattoos;93972 wrote:
I get apx. 1 person a week that passes out on me, be it from piercing or tattoo work.

That’s insane. I’ve had 2 people pass out on me in seven years.

Adler
Participant
@adler
arnoldsantos1;95047 wrote:

My gf almost passed out after only a few minutes. They had to stop and the artist gave her a popsicle for sugar and she was fine the rest of the way.

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos
arnoldsantos1;95047 wrote:

Yeah, I realize it seems high, but we have a special that runs constantly, we do $10 body piercings… So I do apx. anywhere between 15 on a slow day to 40 on say friday or saturday. So combine that with maybe 3-4 smaller tattoos or 1-2 larger pieces each day and we REALLY rack up the clients in and out so my theory is (and this is just a theory mind you) that because I have just grown used to going through the piercing process in such a quick and to the point manner, I don’t have the luxury of trying to make them feel comfortable and make small talk etc. I knock out an avg. Monroe or lower lip piercing in apx. 3 minutes, thats from the time the client walks back, I glove up lay out my barrier materiels, open needle, clamp, hemostats (if needed) jewelry etc. prep the area pierce it and hand them a care sheet. So I’m flying around and all their hearing is all this clanging, drawers opening and closing, seeing all this sterile packaging being ripped open and shiny surgical looking tools coming out and just moments later having me in their face, belly, etc. saying “OK QUICK STICK” and they are probably a little overwhelmed expecially if they already have a nervous predisposition. Also, it’s a numbers game. For example if an average piercer does 40 piercings in a week, I do that in a day so naturally I’m going to see more of everything ya know?

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Also, I’m not sure if it’s just the demographic of our shop in particular but when tend to pierce probably 65%-75% Teen Girls ages 16-20 (Under 18 with parent of-coarse) maybe the young age makes them more nervous by nature?

Amok
Participant
@amok
getinkedtattoos;95189 wrote:
Also, I’m not sure if it’s just the demographic of our shop in particular but when tend to pierce probably 65%-75% Teen Girls ages 16-20 (Under 18 with parent of-coarse) maybe the young age makes them more nervous by nature?

damn dude, you must get some really irritating clients! (and probably some smoking hot ones too, over 18 of course :))

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Amok;95329 wrote:
damn dude, you must get some really irritating clients! (and probably some smoking hot ones too, over 18 of course :))

you obviously meant the under 18’s. ;):rolleyes:

swampyseifer
Participant
@swampyseifer

My 2penniesworth…

having just had a tattoo (3 days ago). The black outlining took around an hour, maybe 1.5 hours and tbh, after the initial 10mins I almost kinda got used to it and didnt really notice much pain. Not that there was excessive pain to start with but, without having it done before I was probably a bit hyper-sensitive to it, cuz its all I was thinking about.

The colouring in was deffo more painful, the tattooist said that because I was getting larger areas of flat colour meant it would be more painful.

By the 4 hour mark, I was in serious pain. the kind where I was holding my breath, sweating like a pig, tensing up and then breathing heavy when he wasnt inking me. The tattooist said that he wasnt doing anything differently when it was hurting more to when it wasnt hurting so much, he said it was simply that my body couldnt release any more pain-killing endorphins…so I was just feeling it more.

In the end he gave me a 5min break and sprayed some stuff on my back. He said it was like a weaker version of the stuff they put on your gums in dentistry.

tbh the first application made very little difference, so 5 mins later he applied a second spray and OMG, I could barely feel a thing after that!

The most annoying thing was when he sprayed the 2nd lot of numbing stuff, he was only 20mins from finishing the tattoo. So I do kinda wish he’d just pushed on through my pain!!

Amok
Participant
@amok
Wardy;95372 wrote:
you obviously meant the under 18’s. ;):rolleyes:

yeah you got me, i’m a pedo

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Amok;95329 wrote:
and probably some smoking hot ones too, over 18 of course ๐Ÿ™‚

What.. are they somehow less hot if they’re only 17 ?

Amok
Participant
@amok
ArniVidar;95677 wrote:
What.. are they somehow less hot if they’re only 17 ?

no, but you’re supposed to pretend not to notice.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Oh, that… I can’t pretend that ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.