kevinakoala
@

Hi,

I am looking to get a new tattoo in the next few months, but wondered if anyone could recommend any places they have been tattooed? I live in London, and two places I was considering visiting were Self Sacrifice and a place called A True Love Tattoo (near Tottenham Court Road station)… does anyone have any experience of either?

Also does anyone have any thoughts on white tattoos, or tattoos which include a fair amount of white within them? I have had a few places say that they won’t do them, and a few that will. I don’t def want a white tattoo, but am interested in them and the different thoughts about them.

Thanks, any help much appreciated!

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Check out Valerie Vargas at Frith street she does some amazing work but you would be waiting more than a couple of month too.
Depends on what style you are after as well?

Joshy
Participant
@joshy

The Family Business…

framey
Participant
@framey

lal hardy george bone
both have been kicking ass in london for more years than they probably would like to mention

Sakura Bodyart
Participant
@sakura-bodyart

Luckily London is blessed with a plethora of stunning artists and fantastic studios, the downside to that is the amount of time you’ll need to wait for an appointment with the artist of your choice. The previous suggestions are good, you’ve also got Good Times tattoo studio in that area aswell which doesn’t only have Nikole Lowe but many other very talented artists 🙂

ClareLily101
Participant
@clarelily101

Lal Hardy’s New Wave is HIGHLY recomended!

I live in Camden and have tattoo parlors everywhere but will still make the journey and wait months for a spot with them!

jamiez
@

Black Garden Tattoo, Drury Lane, London. Has some great artists who specialize in all different styles…

Amok
Participant
@amok
goldengraemes;76721 wrote:
Check out Valerie Vargas at Frith street she does some amazing work but you would be waiting more than a couple of month too.
Depends on what style you are after as well?

i would go straight to Valerie, she’s amazing.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i agree with valerie. you can also check out the london convention, which just passed. it is probably the best convention in the world in terms of quality artists. also thou art has cecil porter guesting around february if you want amazing realistic color work.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Camden wise I liked Evil from the needle but again all depends on your taste and style and waiting requirements.
If you want to wait Valerie (having seen their work) is def worth waiting for and any extra travel.

With regards to a white tattoos personally I love them and think they look great.

However they fade rapidly and would need a serious amount of reshading to the point of annually that it would simply not be worth the effort to get it done.

Titanium Dioxide or Titanium White as it is called is used as the main ingredient in tattoo pigment as it does not have many initial side effects to the human body.

This however can be broken down quite easily by the body and so fades rapidly or discolours to a yellow. The only ones that last longer are lead based pigments which are highly toxic.

My suggestion is get it mixed with a pale blue to make it last longer.

Take care
Matthew

vala
Participant
@vala

had my sleeve done by Evil from the Needle in Camden. Very good shop with great artists IMO.

ell
Participant
@ell

Lal Hardy all the way…have had 3 tattoos done there and going for another soon, cannot be beaten (in my opinion!)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ell;105724 wrote:
Lal Hardy all the way…have had 3 tattoos done there and going for another soon, cannot be beaten (in my opinion!)

I looked at your tattoos. Please do yourself a huge favor and never go back to that tattooist. Sorry if that sounds harsh but sometimes you can’t see things when you are to close to them.

ell
Participant
@ell

…………………

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ell;105789 wrote:
Thanks for your opinion. But I am more than happy with them Thanks..
Each to their own you see, I looked at your tattoos and to be honest I thought yours looked more like they had been drawn on using chalk, not my taste at all. But like I said ‘each to their own’.

Well tastes vary in terms of style and subject matter, but poor quality work is just that.

This is a damn nice tattoo and high quality work, whether you like the style or not.

Now this tattoo isn’t that poorly done imho, but you can see several mistakes right off. For example, you can see where the artist stopped several times while outlining the heart. Certainly I have seen far worse work, but you can do much better, especially in/around London.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.