ALEX55
Participant
@alex55
buttwheat;102473 wrote:
it’s only a good price if it’s a good tattoo.
make sure you post pics after you get it.

your exactly right 🙂 and i definitely will

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Don’t know why people think a sleeve is a big tattoo. Would you buy a jumper that only covers the front of your arm.

a sleeve go’s all the way around your arm hence the word “sleeve”

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

I’m getting reallllllllllllllly nervous here …. please read my signature!!!(it applies to most everything in life, but I fitted it to this forum)

Also….look at 99% of the people who are 18years old or less that get ‘awsome tattoos’ and then post them on this site…then read the feedback from those who actually have quality art on their arms’. You’re obviously free to do whatever you want, but I’d highly recommend waiting until you can afford great artwork. you only have 1 blank canvis in your lifetime, don’t fuck it up by trying to be the cool kid who gets ink first just to say they have it. And I do apologize in advance, but unless it’s absolutely tiny, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a quality $500 tattoo.

Now for my own personal story….. I have a $350 tattoo on my back that I got while I was still ignorant to what real artwork was. I’m SO lucky that my ink was simple text and that my ‘artist’ was able to put on crisply. Everytime I look back on that I’m incredibly grateful that my STUPID decision didn’t turn out looking like shit…. but that’s not to say it’s good, it’s average…. less than two weeks ago a guy posted on here a large arm piece that turned out looking like complete crap(sorry if you’re reading this guy with the flag tattoo)..but I bet if you PMed him, he’d tell you that what you sound like you’re about to do is a big mistake…

(what’re the odds he takes my rant seriously and doesn’t think i’m just trying to shit on him?)

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

@Wardy- sorry man still getting used to the tattoo terminology my originial plan was to get a half sleeve but my artist said with the design there would be no need to wrap it all the way around.
@Standard Issue- I totally agree with everything you said, but I am very confidednt in the artist he does great work and I have a friend who goes there who reccommended him to me. It is also not just to get it, it is in remembrance of my grandfather he is Greek so I was gonna get grandfather in Greek (παππούς) pronounced papous which is what I called him. He left a lot of stuff to me so I really want to get something for him which is gonna be the Greek Parthenon, Greek goddess Aphrodite, a Greek Spartan, and the Greek mytholgoical monster the Minotaur. They all have a special meaning to me and remind me of him. Also, I see your from central jersey am I right? If so thats where I’m from right by Trenton, which is where the shop is? Maybe youve heard of them Inked City? http://www.inkedcitynj.com/ Was gonna get it done by Marco

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Sounds like the guy has done his homework and has thought the thing through. I mean, doing it for the right reasons and has come up with a design that is special to him. As far as the artist and shop…

Folks here are just looking out for you, that’s all. There are pages and pages of posts on this site with people who turned 18 and got horrible tattoos that will either be with them for life or very painful and expensive to remove. They all said they knew what they were doing, too. No one is trying to rain on your parade, just making sure you are careful.

The friend that referred you, look at their tattoo carefully. Are the lines straight and crisp? Are they “wonky” or “wobbly”? Is it color or black and gray? How is the shading? Look online at some of the top shops (ask around here for some in your area). Compare what they do to your artist. Look at his protfolio, does he do the kind of work you like and will be happy with when you’re 65? If you really want this, then its worth taking your time to do it right. Right?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

No need to be sorry mate, I wasn’t aiming it at you 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ALEX55;102532 wrote:
Maybe youve heard of them Inked City? http://www.inkedcitynj.com/ Was gonna get it done by Marco

If it was me I would not be getting tattooed by him.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
buttwheat;102539 wrote:
If it was me I would not be getting tattooed by him.

Agreed. There are enough very bad pieces there to make me question whether the few actually proper pieces are even done by him. His understanding of perspective is weak, he often doesn’t seem to be able to do straight lines and in my opinion he over-shades everything.

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

@Briscogun Thanks man I really have done a lot of research I want this to be perfect. I also understand a lot of people when they just turn 18 just want one to be cool or whatever but I’ve been planning this for awhile now and I think I found a good shop that does the kind of art that I want.

@Buttwheat
and ArniVidar I honestly don’t agree with you guys here. I love the guys style he seems to me to be the perfect artist for a mythological piece which is pretty much what I would be getting.

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

Alex55 – buttwheat and arnividar basically said it for me. But to tell you the whole truth, the only artist in NJ that I would ever consider getting work done by is Chris Adamek and I still wouldn’t do it…he needs a couple more years to evolve… http://chrisadamek.blogspot.com/ he’s at immortal ink in flemmington/clinton but I can tell you straight up when you look at his page, those are not $500 tattoos.

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

StandardIssue- Do you have any ink? If so where did you go?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ALEX55;102558 wrote:
@Buttwheat and ArniVidar I honestly don’t agree with you guys here. I love the guys style he seems to me to be the perfect artist for a mythological piece which is pretty much what I would be getting.

Dude really? we are trying to help you out here with out coming right out and saying that guy sucks but hey if you want a sup par tattoo then go for it.

Sometimes I just don’t understand people.

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55
buttwheat;102566 wrote:
Dude really? we are trying to help you out here with out coming right out and saying that guy sucks but hey if you want a sup par tattoo then go for it.

Sometimes I just don’t understand people.

Im just saying I don’t see anything better I’ve looked at a ton of online portfolios of New Jersey artists and he seemed the best, I also have friends who have gone there and theirs look good so I dont see any problem with him

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ALEX55;102567 wrote:
Im just saying I don’t see anything better I’ve looked at a ton of online portfolios of New Jersey artists and he seemed the best, I also have friends who have gone there and theirs look good so I dont see any problem with him

This is much better

StandardIssue;102559 wrote:
Chris Adamek and I still wouldn’t do it…he needs a couple more years to evolve… http://chrisadamek.blogspot.com/

Don’t rush into it There are much better artists out there. Be willing to travel a few hours to get it. Save up some money and get a worthy tattoo. Or go to this guy get the tattoo and love it for a week and then you will start realizing it isn’t that good. Dude this is something that is going to be on you for awhile make a smart decision.

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue
ALEX55;102565 wrote:
StandardIssue- Do you have any ink? If so where did you go?

Hail, Caesar, those who are about to die solute you…lol, I amuse myself…Caesar is my artist (http://www.caesartattoo.com) and I dug up my thread on my sleeve that’s in progress… http://www.thetattooforum.com/my-sleeve-75-complete-t19460.html?t=19460

The pictures don’t do the ink justice, partly bc I’m shaking like a biotch… and I haven’t shown new pics in a while but I’m about 10 hours away from being complete.

But you have to consider what you’re looking from the respect of artwork as well as finance… my arm in that thread above we were at about 55-ish hours i’d say and at $200 an hour, I’m no mathmatics professor but the answers gotta be more than $500. (he says with a joking tone, not a snoody or arrogant one)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.