ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

Hey guys,
I was seriously considering going to the tattoo shop where I want to get my tattoo (half sleeve) and i guess making an appointment and ironing everything else out. I am pretty low on money right now with buying Christmas presents and everything, will there be any payment done right when I get there? If so, how much should I bring? Sorry for bothering you guys I just don’t want to make the wrong impression with the artist.

hamsternuts
Participant
@hamsternuts

find out how much it’ll be beforehand, and if you don’t have enough, don’t make the appointment, simple.

they’ll be able to tell you roughly how much for you first session

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

thank you very much. i was just wonderring though the day you go in to make an appointment do you have to pay them anything, like if they draw it out for you that day will they charge?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Yes when you make your appointment typically they will want some kind of deposit as in maybe $100.
If you don’t have $100 please wait until you can afford a tattoo let alone a half sleeve.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;102051 wrote:
Yes when you make your appointment typically they will want some kind of deposit as in maybe $100.
If you don’t have $100 please wait until you can afford a tattoo let alone a half sleeve.

This guy knows he’s shit.

StandardIssue
Participant
@standardissue

If you don’t have money, how are you going to get a half sleeve done in the near future? Ink is a luxury b/c bills trump ink every single time…

^^^Not saying you won’t have the money, just saying that you should make sure you will have it by the time comes for your sessions to start

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

i was going to make an appointment for March and I have my bonus for my job coming in December, I’ll have Christmas money and I’ll have a few more paychecks and birthday money. I was just hoping to find out how much I would need so I could start putting money away for it, I have about $78 saved up for a tattoo when I was putting 5% of my summer checks towards it so far but put it in my bank account where I cant take it out til im 18 (in March)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ALEX55;102128 wrote:
I was putting 5% of my summer checks towards it so far but put it in my bank account where I cant take it out til im 18 (in March)

You will need probably at least a grand for a half sleeve or were you thinking a large single tattoo?

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55
buttwheat;102141 wrote:
You will need probably at least a grand for a half sleeve or were you thinking a large single tattoo?

i was hoping to get a half sleeve. oh wow i was hoping it wouldnt be much more then 400, i figured i could get around 600 by March, thanks though I guess I was totally wrong

ArniVidar
@arnividar

No less than 2 grand for a half-sleeve here in Iceland.

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

haha uh oh im in trouble then. i went to the shop on monday and gave him some of the images the problem is they were remodeling that day so i figured id stop back in tommorow and make an appointment

ALEX55
Participant
@alex55

hope im not being annoying but i have an update.. i went back to the shop yesterday and got everything straightened out. its not going to be a half sleeve but cover the front of my upper arm (does that make sense?) He said he’d do it for $500 which I think is a great price also gonna get atleast $75 for his tip. Can’t wait til he sketches it for me (said to wait til 2 weeks before i want it which will prob be middle of March)

ArniVidar
@arnividar
ALEX55;102444 wrote:
its not going to be a half sleeve but cover the front of my upper arm (does that make sense?)

Then it is just an upper arm tattoo 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ALEX55;102444 wrote:
) He said he’d do it for $500 which I think is a great price

it’s only a good price if it’s a good tattoo.
make sure you post pics after you get it.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx
buttwheat;102473 wrote:
it’s only a good price if it’s a good tattoo.
make sure you post pics after you get it.

Yep…. what he said.

Buttwheat your new avi is killing me!! HAHAHAHA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.