hellfart
@

Well… I’ve got a dotwork sleeve in progress…

I have a Tibetan mantra swirling around my right arm. The signs are in tibetan script and in the color “teal”, it’s a color bij intenZe inks.

My tattoo artists is getting into the stage of filling up the rest with geometric dotwork patterns; but he suggests to outline the mantra-signs with another color so the contrast between the teal signs and the blackish dotwork is bigger.

He suggested red, and I tried with some kind of marker… but that looks too much circus-like 😀 He also suggested bronze… but I don’t really find any pictures of tattoos were bronze is used? Seems like it’s mostly used for shading effects? If anyone has got a nice example of bronze ink, please share.

Now I was thinking about the color ‘silver’ to outline the mantra’s. Has anyone got experience er examples with silver ink? IntenZe also has got some silver inks in their productline.

267849_10150237414436417_687566416_7559344_628185_n.jpg

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

I think the intenze is good.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome to the forum

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have seen the silver pigments in use and many look good. However I have heard that they can become a little ‘flat’ in terms of less silver and more grey once healed.

I think it really depends on the skin colour and type used – obviously stick with a reputable brand (you don’t want mercury posioning).

Also welcome to the forum!

Matt

tricky kid
@

I have had no good results with silver in any brand, and I’ve tried a few over the years.. I think creating a chrome look by mixing a few shades of blue including a blue wash and throwing some white high lites in it you get much better results and would suit you tattoo quite well… Btw tell ya tattooist that’s the only gift I’m giving him.. he will know what I mean when he masters this affect..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.