Dale1978
Participant
@dale1978
kmac99;88693 wrote:
It’s that risky? Thanks for the concern. I mean I could apply a&d at least 3G during practice. Ur the expert tho.. And wrapping it loosely is out of the question?

Its just to hard to tell as I said because it all depends on how healed it is. But its your body but from experience its just not worth it. Last thing you want to do is chance any problems with something you paided good coin for and permanent. Why risk scaring or any other problems. Also you shouldnt be using A&D after a week if at all, you should be just using tiny bits of non scented lotion by then. All artists are different and been a on going discussion for ever on healing products. A&D’s and Vasoline type products are oil based and clog pores not really good for healing and can slow process down, but thats just my choice. But thats another story.

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

Ya I catch ur drift.. I mean say it healed up nice. Would loosely wrapping it b bad?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Go for it. Whats the worse that could happen?

Dale1978
Participant
@dale1978

If it heals up nice, which if its a good artist and you follow his/her healing protocols it should be clear, dry and peel free after a full week. You should be fine doing that with a loose “dry” wrap if any, as long as its covered. Just dont lube it and cover it though. But just remember you wont know till you get it if its healed enough by then so its going it be a hit and miss issue when the time comes. But assuming its a full no problem week you should be fine with just non physical contact conditioning.
Good luck and I wish you all the best

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

weight lifting is a big NO NO until the tattoo is fully healed.

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

Thanks Dale I’ll sit down with the artist qnd see what he says

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I guess you have no clue how horribly filthy gyms and workout equipment and public toilets/showers really are. There are very few places that have a greater risk of you catching something, than in there. Do you REALLY want to risk getting infected by something nasty?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

everyone keeps telling him dont do it, but he keeps asking. i think he just wants to hear someone say yes its fine. so ill say it. YES IT FINE DO IT!

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

No I want more opinions and if I say I’m not doing it that won’t happen.. And yea I understand it’s filthy. I’m in the weightroom for an hour, I can clean it after. Then I’m outside. Which, sun exposure for 2 hours is also bad. So the odds are against me.. But if the artist says I’ll be ok and gives me preventative steps I’m gonna man up and do it. If he says no he says no. The sooner the better, but I’m not forcing anything

ArniVidar
@arnividar

No…. you can’t just ‘clean it after’. That does not remove the bacteria already in the wound from the gym.

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

And rapping it would ruin it?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.