kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

I start football speed and conditioning a week from now, which is extremely hard. I sweat alot alot, have to run, and weight lift. If I get a tat a week before this will it get ruined?

Adler
Participant
@adler

There’s no certainty either way but I would say that is not good for ideal healing of a new tattoo. It may be fine but I wouldn’t do it.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

So essentially you want to get a ‘tat’ tonight?

I’d say don’t do it. Healing is going to be a bitch and it’s almost certain that you’ll be bumping it into things and ruining the whole thing.

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

I want to get a tar a week before speed and conditioning.

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

You can’t wrap it during the healing process? It’s 3 hours a day.. I wouldn’t b able to loosely wrap it for those 3 hours?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yes.. which starts a week from now… hence, tonight.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

when i get a tattoo i book 2 weeks holiday so i can wear the right clothes in my house just so it doesn’t rub so i wouldn’t risk it..

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

Arni, it starts July 13th and the only time I can get it is a week before then. I didnt want to explain that to save my breath but there that goes. So no, not tonight

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Ah, understood.

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

So it would get ruined? I wouldnt come in contact with anyone. It’s just running and weight lifting.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I wouldn’t want to wrap it because I would think it would be trapping in all the heat and sweat and that’s not good.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Gym + open wounds = infection and other nasty things. I’d give it at least 2-3 weeks before going to that petri dish.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
ArniVidar;88684 wrote:
Gym + open wounds = infection and other nasty things. I’d give it at least 2-3 weeks before going to that petri dish.

^^^ this. its not so much the sweat or anything, but the chance of getting infected, and possible rubbing your tattoo onto stuff. i would say 2 weeks before you start conditioning is a good time to get it done.

Dale1978
Participant
@dale1978
kmac99;88668 wrote:
I start football speed and conditioning a week from now, which is extremely hard. I sweat alot alot, have to run, and weight lift. If I get a tat a week before this will it get ruined?

To much risk of infection because everyone heals a different rates and also depends on the type of work that needs to be done. Plus even if it did heal quick the new skin is very tender and weak so any rubbing, friction or hit to area could open it or irritate the area and cause unforseen issues as its still healing even if you cant see it healing and looks fine. Just wait brother dont risk it, not worth it.
Tattoo Artist 18 yrs.

kmac99
Participant
@kmac99

It’s that risky? Thanks for the concern. I mean I could apply a&d at least 3G during practice. Ur the expert tho.. And wrapping it loosely is out of the question?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.