itri4vt
Participant
@itri4vt

Hi,

I would like a small tattoo that is meaningful to me, and in a location where I will see it often (as opposed to the one on my upper back that I forget about!). I’d like it to be on my inner wrist.

I am an RN and wear short sleeves, so I’d have to cover it up with a watch while I’m at work. So the size would be limited to 1 inch wide x 1.25 inches long.

The design is simple, just a B&W outline of a stack of rocks. I’m worried that it will be too small scale to tell what the design is, or that it will bleed together and just be a blob.

Also, I am planning to move across the country in about 3 weeks. Should I just wait to do this after I move? How often is it that you’d have to go back for touch ups?

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated! 🙂

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

wait till you move,,,,,,,,,,,that will give you time to re-think the stack of rocks…………..;)

Adler
Participant
@adler
reefdiver;81663 wrote:
wait till you move,,,,,,,,,,,that will give you time to re-think the stack of rocks…………..;)

What he said.

itri4vt
Participant
@itri4vt

Thanks for the advice on waiting until after I move… I don’t want to be stuck if I have problems during/after healing.

However, I wasn’t really looking for feedback on my choice of design. What’s meaningful to me may not be meaningful to you, and vice versa.

Just thought that was a little disrespectful. 🙁

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver
itri4vt;81689 wrote:
Just thought that was a little disrespectful. 🙁

:p…………………..

Adler
Participant
@adler

Just trying to be helpful. Despite what it may mean to you, an outline of a pile of rocks will look like crap. So basically you’ll have a meaningful tattoo that looks like crap. Just suggesting you give it a little more thought so you’re not back here in a couple of months asking how to cover your wrist tattoo. Good luck though.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

Although i dont think the size will be too small, i think no one is going to know what it is no matter how big you make it. A simple outline of a pile of rocks is most likely not going to turn out well. I really suggest getting something that looks good. The meaning should be secondary. Like adler said, it may have meaning, but it will still be a crappy tattoo.

itri4vt
Participant
@itri4vt

I guess it might help to be more specific on my design. I’d like to get a design of a rock cairn (a balanced stack, not really a pile, of stones). Kinda like this:

rock_cairn.jpg

My friend is still working on a few different designs for me.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

the problem is you are talking about a 1″ x 1-1/2 inch tattoo………there is no way to get anything like that without it looking like undecernable crap in a couple years……

i don’t get the whole ” i want to get tattoo that i can look at, but since i have a job that doens’t allow tattoos, i’ll just get this little blob that can be hidden by a wrist watch……….” why not just get a killer wristwatch tattoo??????

sounds like you are really doing this so that you will stand out as the rebel amongst your peers……….

get something REALLY nice somewhere else on your body……..upper arm will be hidden by scrubs……..legs tattoos are girls are cool, imho

anything but a lower back tattoo………..:eek:

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

I’m no tattoo veteran by any means but I have experienced this myself. I got a small cross on my wrist about 1″x1″. Afterwords, I really wished I had gotten something with more design to it. I ended up getting it covered by a different cross with a beveled look to it. The new tattoo is 4″x3″ and I’m much happier with it.

Maisiebelle
Participant
@maisiebelle

My daughter passed away and I have her name on my inner wrist. My other daughter wanted to ‘remember’ her sister but didn’t want her full name. She has a tiny letter M with a tiny star. Its very small but means the world to her. These sorts of tattoos are for the wearers benefit. Not anyone else. If you want something just for you maybe rethink the design and have something that fits in with your lifestyle but isn’t so noticible to everyone else.

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Maisiebelle, I’m sorry for your loss. I think it’s great you and your daughter have the tattoos in her honor.

itri4vt
Participant
@itri4vt

Maisabelle,

Sorry to hear about your loss, but what your other daughter did is very thoughtful. And I agree that the meaning of such tattoos is for the person who wears them.

Rock cairns are used in the woods as trail markers to guide the way for hikers. They remain balanced in the worst of weather, and it will remind me to stay balanced in my life, as well as to trust the direction that certain scenarios in my life may take me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.