jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

All,
I’m thinking about getting a tattoo located on my inner left leg, right in between my ankle bone and the bottom of my calf muscle. I guess it’s not really considered an ankle tattoo but I’m wondering if it’s considered okay for a guy to get a tattoo here. I’ve always wanted a leg tattoo but I don’t really want one on the back of my calf. What are your thoughts on this location? Currently I only have two tats and they’re on my wrists. Thanks for your opinions on this matter.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I don’t want to sound judgmental but depending on the size and design it may be a little feminine looking. Depending on what you’re getting maybe you can consider going a little bigger and higher on the side of calf.

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Thanks for your input. No, you’re not being judgmental either….I asked for opinions and you gave me yours. Thanks.

The tattoo I’m getting is going to be about the size of a baseball and it’s a very unique design. I thought about the side of the calf but wasn’t sure.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

what are you getting…………..imho, the tattoo design is going to be the deciding factor, not the placement…

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Thanks Reef. I’m getting a custom piece done. It will be in the shape of the cedar tree on the Lebanese flag but it will have a stoned, relic look to it with cracks and whatnot. My late mother was full blooded Lebanese and I want to get this as a symbol of my heritage. My dad is a redneck so I’m a strange breed…LOL…..but very good looking. 🙂

Outline like this:
CedarTree.png

Filled and Shaded like this:
StonedCross.jpg

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

i think that would be gender neutral………..but i have to ask, what is it with getting tattoos only on the wrist and ankle area ?????

post up pics of your wrist tattoos……….

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Reef, I actually have a few pics in my album here…..check ’em out.

I just like the wrist and ankle areas for some reason. I may get some more in different places in the future though.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

well, i guess you are filling in from the outside………….LOL

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

I would not worry about the position being “for girls” its more like what you get – eg a cross vs a unicorn frolicking in a rainbow

By the sound of it you will be just fine

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Thanks all. Got it done today. The artist, Josh, did a great job. It turned out just like I wanted it. Glad I got it where I did. Will add pic once it heals.

Another great thing….my wife went with me and she got her first one! She got three colored hearts on her hip with some decor swirly things (yeah, that’s what they are) around it. The hearts are in colors of mine and our kids birthstones. She was trooper through it all even though she has a low tolerance for pain. I am proud of her.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Great!!!

Can’t wait to see the pics :):):)

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

I tell you what, the tat on my ankle was no fun compared to the ones on my wrist. I had to act like a big boy and as if it didn’t bother me while my wife watched though. If she knew how much pain was involved, there’s no way she would’ve gotten hers. When that needle hit her skin, her eyes popped open and her jaw dropped. I felt bad for her but she’s glad she got it done now. 🙂

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Aussie, I just read this post again and really LOL…”a unicorn frolicking in a rainbow”. That cracked me up.

Also, what do you guys recommend as far as tipping the artist? I gave him a tip and he really seemed appreciative.

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

i always tip……..last time i gace $40 for a $380 sitting….

jsimpson4
Participant
@jsimpson4

Okay, that’s along the lines of what I gave him based on what he charged for our two tattoos.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.