stickagum
Participant
@stickagum

Hey Jen,

Thanks for the response.

I’ve thought about something like roots, yeah. And… I was trying to think of an organic design that might actually work if it faded around the sides of my heels. Maybe roots would do it but I’m having a hard time accepting it when I envision it on my feet.

I’m gonna have to talk to some expert artists, wherever they might be. I might end up just getting a “cuff” of sorts around the back of my achilles tendon… down to the top part of my heel.

I don’t know. I’m just… fucking set on the idea XD. I’m still optimistic.

Thanks for your comment. I really appreciate the feedback.

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach
stickagum;79669 wrote:
Well, since this is a forum dedicated to tattoos, with many active members and several thousand posts, yeah, as a matter of fact: I thought there would be at least a couple experts here.

Again, first tattoo so how am I supposed to know if dudeman with a gun is an expert or not? I’m sure there’s a right and wrong way to black a space out, but I don’t know what to ask them.

Just lookin for some help. If this is the wrong place, so be it. Got a couple good responses so far so thanks for the bump anyway.

Stickagum, you are not in the wrong place what so ever. You have a very legitimate question about a tattoo that hopefully was answered in a respectful manner by most.

Zach

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

basically do what you want, but the heel wont work. even the top of feet fade REALLY fast. go for the ankle cuff idea if you really want to do something on your foot/feet area.

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I agree with what others have said. The foot takes so much abuse compared to other areas of skin because its always moving and rubbing against things when you walk which everyone does alot of. Also, although it may be not a particularly painful or uncomfortable, it will be VERY difficult to heal properly, and colour will mostly likely come out spotty, blotchy, etc.

I have some work done on other joints and high-movement areas such as my elbows, tops of both hands/knuckles, parts of fingers, area around the armpit and shoulder, and some on my foot. All these areas were very difficult to get to come out looking good. Some had to be touched up. I cannot even imagine how hard it would be to heal your achilles tendon or bottoms of your feet.

I really think you would be much happier getting a tattoo in another spot. And would be worth the effort and money as well. Theres no rush to decide, take your time with it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.