batcat
Participant
@batcat

Hi everyone. I just got my second tattoo last night — a tree inside a bubble from the movie The Fountain. I love it, but I’m also getting worried I may have made a mistake.

I went in under the impression that I would get it so that it’s right side up from my perspective, which means that if my arm is down at my side it’s upside down to someone else. From what I’ve seen online, it looks as though people get them the other way on their forearms. Is it weird that mine is reversed? I figured that it’d be something that I would want to look at more than anyone else, and also that I can get it however I choose, but I’m just curious if it’s way out of the norm. ๐Ÿ™

Thanks.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

First off…that is by far one of my favorite movies.
Awesome awesome movie.

You HAVE to upload pictures of your tattoo.

And…that placement is completely fine.
You’re original thoughts were right…you should always get a tattoo for your own pleasure.

batcat
Participant
@batcat

Hey thanks, man. The movie is my favorite of all time, and this particular image means a lot to me. Here’s a photo I took a little while after getting it.

ryannnnn
Participant
@ryannnnn

yup! awesome tattoo!… and i have my favorite number and my sisters name on opposite wrists, both facing me! The tattoos are for my eyes =)

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

you have thenm however you want them, there is no set rule for which way they face ๐Ÿ™‚
i agree that a lot of people tend to have wrist pieces done upside down as they are personal things to them, but there is nothing wrong with having yours the way you wanted it

Poesy
Participant
@poesy

I agree with the others. You get a tattoo for you. So it should be how you can see it best.

My boyfriend suggested i get mine on my back, but whilst I think they look gorgeous there, I want to see it!!

I don’t know the film? What’s the tree symbolise?

batcat
Participant
@batcat

Thanks, everyone! Certainly making me feel better about my decision. ๐Ÿ™‚

Poesy;68222 wrote:
I don’t know the film? What’s the tree symbolise?

Without spoiling too much (everyone should see it!), Hugh Jackman plays Tommy, a doctor who’s trying to find a cure for his wife’s brain tumor. There are also two other stories running in conjunction with the present day story: a Spanish conquistador looking for the tree of life for the Queen, and a man in the future taking the dead tree of life to the Mayan underworld in outer space (Jackman and Rachel Weisz play each respective character).

The image above is from that future section, a “spaceship” of sorts taking the tree to be reborn. Each of the three stories are set 500 years apart, so the film takes place over the span of 1,000 years. It’s visually beautiful in almost every way, and the film speaks to me on a very personal level every time I see it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.