Ceirdwyn
Participant
@ceirdwyn
ArniVidar;66946 wrote:
I’m for keeping it true. I mean.. why get a picture of a world famous statue, and ALTER it? Then you may as well just get something else, because it will not longer be the real deal.

As for the sexuality thing, you WILL get weird looks and odd comments on it from ignorant fools, but if you are authentically proud of your own sexuality (whatever it may be) then you do not need to worry about it. I have a whole sleeve planned which will ‘look extremely gay!” to many people. I don’t care though, since I am very comfortably straight ๐Ÿ™‚

Very well said, both about altering it, and being comfortable enough in yourself not to care what a few ignorant fools may think.

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The whole leaf thing came from the pope. One of those stuffy bastards thought that with all the statues in the vatican with cock on them people would start getting lascivious ideas. His solution was to go through the whole joint and knock their penises off and replace them with a fig leaf.

***edit: on a quick google search I can’t find a reference beyond Dan Brown on this. There seems to be the feeling that fig leafs were put on the statues but the penises are still there under them tucked away safe and sound. There has been a recent movement to remove the fig leafs which actually has resulted in partial or full castration, bring us full circle.***

jweb
Participant
@jweb
ArniVidar;66946 wrote:
I’m for keeping it true. I mean.. why get a picture of a world famous statue, and ALTER it? Then you may as well just get something else, because it will not longer be the real deal.

As for the sexuality thing, you WILL get weird looks and odd comments on it from ignorant fools, but if you are authentically proud of your own sexuality (whatever it may be) then you do not need to worry about it. I have a whole sleeve planned which will ‘look extremely gay!” to many people. I don’t care though, since I am very comfortably straight ๐Ÿ™‚

yeah thats what i was really thinking just needed some affirmation i think. i really dont care about what the vast majority of people think because if i did i wouldnt get tattoos anyway cause you will be judged negatively occasionally for having them but if you dont have them no one really cares.

im straight too, though it doesnt matter. i do think though that the male body(a nice one) is like a work of art i mean thats why i lift weights and watch what i eat and stuff. thats why i like that sculpture so much. at least one of the reasons.

on a side note what do you have planned for the sleeve?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
jweb;66952 wrote:
on a side note what do you have planned for the sleeve?

LOL.. it’s big happy secret still ๐Ÿ˜€

Actually, I’m a bit torn on the actual finished design, but it will be Disney and lots of it. Full color cartoon theme. Thousand-acres woods and the like. What I most need for it to work though, is a cartoonist of Disney caliber to create the design. I will accept nothing less and will have to wait until I find one. ๐Ÿ™‚

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

well the junk is not offensive unless you got him with a bonk on LOL
but i personally would have some sort of banner over it and something meaning full written :rolleyes::rolleyes:

or maybe just censored ๐Ÿ˜€

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.