vixin928
Participant
@vixin928

ok so yesterday i went in and got a scripture tattooed on my left side on my ribs. it includes the word “mutitude” and the guy made the “l” a “f” since the script is parchment and the two letters look similar.

He said to come back in 2 weeks when it should be healed (does that sound right?)
and that he will fix it by making shadow markings with white (first he said grey) on some letters including the “f” so it will cover the slash.
he felt incredibly bad! and of course this will be free…

my question is, will this work out right??? any other suggestions on how to cover this little mistake???? i have a pic if you need to see but idk, im trying not to cry about it cuz i have faith this will work :confused:

untitled-14.jpg

vixin928
Participant
@vixin928

OMG! please answer SOMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tattman91
Participant
@tattman91

ok well. considering the stuff up and the seriousness of the mistake, i would be very angry myself and moments from killing someone but thats just me.

Have you had a look at the artists folio? If their is some good stuff in their then im certain this is just a simple mistake that can be fixed by himself. If you doubt his artistic ability then by all means let it heal and hunt down someone else.
Going by the mistake i would be questioning how long they have been tattooing.

It could work but would not be completley hidden. One would be able to just notice it up close buit from afar it should be ok.
There is no darker or deeper colour then black so the white and grey shadows will only camoflage the mistake.
Though i would be going to someone else for this as for the artist to accidently stuff up the spelling it makes me question his ability to finish the tattoo which would be difficult for most artists to pull off.

Go find someone else. good luck.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I second that. Find another place quickly. The guy that messed it up will tell you all kind of things to make you think he’s handled something like this before. Odds are, he is going to “try” something he’s never done. Search for artists that specialize in cover up work. That’s what my wife did after a bad experience, and it has all worked out.

good luck and keep us posted

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

to me it looks like it was stenciled as an f and he didnt just do it on the spot .
its the same as the other f in for . did you check it before he started ??

vixin928
Participant
@vixin928

youre right, it was stenciled but i did double check, i mean it is a tattoo. i considered the fact that i had made a mistake so i double checked the print out for him and it was his bad.

i told him that as well and he said he wished it was my fault but that it wasnt…:(

vixin928
Participant
@vixin928

thanks for the reply tattman91. umm he is experienced and he did do my previous tatts. he does have a portfolio and has covered up bigger mistakes that were not his. i just question how some it is….grrrrrrrr idk what to do.

i want to trust him fixing it cuz going to someone else might increase my chances of not liking it….

i will let you guys know how it goes

dukecitydrunk
Participant
@dukecitydrunk

thats easily fixable. just add to the bottom of the l… the line that makes the ‘f’ will blend in because its equal on the other letters…

wak
Participant
@wak

I’m surprised that he could miss that himself. Is English not his first language? And you said that it was on the stencil? Didn’t you check the stencil before he started up the machine?

Good luck.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Thats kind of a big mistake for him to make, Ive had lettering tattooed on me twice now by the same guy now (in different fonts) and he has checked it before printing it, once its printed and then once its on my skin to make sure there are no mistakes. Personally I wouldnt of let him go ahead on a wrong stencil…as you said the F was stenciled I would of made him re print the stencil and do it again, I dont think I would trust him either to fix his own mistake! x

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It can be fixed but will required a skilled artist to do so and will require lengthening of the f at the bottom and shadowing across the top of all the letters.

My only concern is the centre of the f (-) but yes I would advise taking it to a reputable artist.

I would suggest maybe a trellis around the words or more flourish so that the rework is less noticable.

Take Care
Matthew

vixin928
Participant
@vixin928

correct, he did stencil it and i did double check. i had my bf, cousin, and aunt with me and it was an “l” not an “f”….im assuming he just wasnt paying attention as bad as that sounds….

vixin928
Participant
@vixin928

thank you sherav…im hoping it works out…if only i had eyes watching him.
do you suggest white shadowing or grey????

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

@vixin928 53398im assuming he just wasnt paying attention as bad as that sounds….[/QUOTE wrote:

That does sound bad…I wouldnt go back to him! x

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

to be honest if he has admitted the mistake and that is somethign in itself i would give him the chance to fix the issue. if it doesnt work out how you want then he will have to pay for the laser removeal of the top half of that letter simple as. he will have insurance which will cover that kjind of expense and as he has already admitted fault i would give him the opportunity to fix it.

otherwise it looks bad on several fronts. if you go elsewhere they have a bad impression opf what might otherwise be a very good artist who had a lapse of concentration and while that is a very very bad trait in a tattooist it happens to us all from time to time.

give him the chance to fix it and make sure he knows if it is not done very well then you will be looking at having the top part of that letter corrected with laser treatment and you will want him to cover the cost. he will probably know someone who offers the treatment. many tatooists have laser removal tools as part of their kits now for coverups etc.

thats my 2c anyway

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.