buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Wardy;116489 wrote:
Why don’t you just stick to the aftercare you’re used to, why change it if it work’s perfectly fine for you.
Panter;116490 wrote:
Because there might be a better way.

Yep looking for a better way and this is the method that the artist recommends for his art. If we didn’t look for better ways of doing stuff we would still be living in caves.

I have heard from people that haven’t tried this method that it’s bad because it traps all the bacteria in there but at the same school of thought if you wash it with an anti bacterial soap then re wrap it wouldn’t it protect it from bacteria? So what I here from most of you that have tried it that it worked good for you.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
buttwheat;116494 wrote:
Yep looking for a better way and this is the method that the artist recommends for his art. If we didn’t look for better ways of doing stuff we would still be living in caves.

I have heard from people that haven’t tried this method that it’s bad because it traps all the bacteria in there but at the same school of thought if you wash it with an anti bacterial soap then re wrap it wouldn’t it protect it from bacteria? So what I here from most of you that have tried it that it worked good for you.

I read somewhere that using antibacterial soap is bad because it kills the good bacteria your skin has?

Don’t know how accurate that is.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

too hot in georgia or naples to stay wrapped that long,

I leave artists shop wrapped dry,
let it ooze and discharge for 3-4 hours
wash it and let it thoroughly air dry,
that night wrap it, very very very light a&d

wash clean in morning, long air dry, no wrap………dry heal or very very very light a&d if chewed up

same for 2-3 nights, peel 4th day, all set

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

My artist has me keep my tattoo wrapped about 2-3 hours. Once I unwrap it I automatically clean it with unscented soap and warm water and then when I rinse it, I use the coldest water possible for just a few seconds to close the pores. Then once it’s rinsed off and fully dry just use unscented lotion 3-5 times a day. I’ve been doing this with all of my tattoos and they’ve all turned out awesome in the end! Never had any problems

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I’ve never used any soap for cleaning my tattoo’s just use warm water once a day.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Wardy;116555 wrote:
I’ve never used any soap for cleaning my tattoo’s just use warm water once a day.

This is all I do.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.