buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I know it’s been discussed before but it seems backwards to me. I know some of you have done it let me know how it went.

This is the after care instructions for my upcoming tattoo:

Healing for large sessions:

Bandage your tattoo with saran/plastic wrap allowing no air to get to the tattoo for the first 72 hours. Within those 72 hours remove the wrap every 4 hours and wash thoroughly with non-scented anti-bacterial soap. Re-apply wrap with new saran/plastic wrap. Repeat process for remainder of 72 hours. After 72 hours remove the wrap leaving the tattoo exposed and use an intensive care FRAGRANCE-FREE dry skin lotion such as Lubriderm. Apply lightly as needed and for as long as needed.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

My coworker, who had dozens of hours of work on him, had always dry-healed or standard air/cream healed everything. Then about a year ago he got one of his old ones covered, and his new artist told him to do this whole saran wrap deal, so he figured he’d give it a go.

When I asked him about it afterwards, he said that he was amazed at how different it was for him. It healed faster, there was little or no flaking, and obviously no ink leakage into everything you wear and sleep in/on. So he at least votes for wrap healing.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose

I was told by Victor to leave my wrap on for 24 hours. I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and feeling quite ill. The tattoo just felt like it was festering bacteria or something under the heat.

I took the wrap of immediately and felt better right away. All my next inks I left the wrap on for 2 hours and then removed them.

Worked out perfectly for me like this but we are all different so 🙂

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

that is the dry wrap method. that is the only method i have been using for my last 5 or so sessions. heals faster and everything seems more vibrant. i highly recommend!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
peterpoose;116467 wrote:
I was told by Victor to leave my wrap on for 24 hours. I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and feeling quite ill. The tattoo just felt like it was festering bacteria or something under the heat.

I took the wrap of immediately and felt better right away. All my next inks I left the wrap on for 2 hours and then removed them.

Worked out perfectly for me like this but we are all different so 🙂

i think your case is special because had like 4 or 5 sessions back to back. you crazy beast!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
yodaddynukka;116469 wrote:
i think your case is special because had like 4 or 5 sessions back to back. you crazy beast!

Lol nah I had 2 sessions back to back with victor for like 15 hours

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

oops missed the victor part in your first post

Amok
Participant
@amok

I used a similar method for my last 2 tattoos and they have healed amazingly well. In fact, people sometimes think they are brand new, un-healed tattoos.

The method is slightly different to what you posted, buttwheat.
Here is what I used http://kaleidoscopetattoo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/TATTOO-AFTERCARE.pdf
using the re-wrap method in Part 3.

I can’t speak highly enough of this method, it’s a bit more work for the first 3 days but after that you have a bright shiny tattoo with minimal peeling.

Looking forward to seeing your next one mate. If I remember correctly its on August 11? Not long to go.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Thanks everyone. This sounds like its a worth a shot to try it.

Yep the 11th getting pumped for it

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

FWIW, Luca Natalini recommends this method also. Personally, the standard Aquaphor for 3 days followed by lotion works great for me so I don’t see any reason to deviate.

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Amok;116477 wrote:
I used a similar method for my last 2 tattoos and they have healed amazingly well. In fact, people sometimes think they are brand new, un-healed tattoos.

Here is what I used http://kaleidoscopetattoo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/TATTOO-AFTERCARE.pdf

I can’t speak highly enough of this method, it’s a bit more work for the first 3 days but after that you have a bright shiny tattoo with minimal peeling.

Looking forward to seeing your next one mate. If I remember correctly its on August 11? Not long to go.

I did peel like mofo though!

peterpoose
Participant
@peterpoose
Amok;116477 wrote:

I did peel like a mofo though!

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Why don’t you just stick to the aftercare you’re used to, why change it if it work’s perfectly fine for you.

Panter
Participant
@panter
Wardy;116489 wrote:
Why don’t you just stick to the aftercare you’re used to, why change it if it work’s perfectly fine for you.

Because there might be a better way.

I’ve only heard good things about wrapping methods, I think David Corden advises that (not sure though) but I’ll find out in November.
I’ve only used the old school, hot bath and then keep it dry method but that’s what what my artist told me to do.
I think there’s a lot to be said for following the artists instructions as you’ve then got some comeback if it needs touching up.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

my aftercare is bepanthen for 7days, pure lotion nothing else in it for 2 days(apply once a day) then just leave nature to take it’s course.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.