andrewbmx
Participant
@andrewbmx

Hello all, Would like a little bit of advice here,
Recently I got a spiderweb tattoo on my elbow, everything was fine for a couple of days but after I started to see red pimples around the tattoo, not directly on it.
I have been using tattoo goo stuff until I noticed this, then I switched to bepanthen because although I found it odd to have a reaction to it, I thought maybe switching would do the trick(My first tattoo on my arm went smooth with tattoo goo)

Anyway nothing changed so I went to the doctors and they recommend that I take some antibiotics and to switch to savlon.

I’m a little worried that from what I have heard savlon is actually bad for your tattoo and may well fade it,
what do you guys think?

thanks

bluey
Participant
@bluey

We can advise on the Tattoo care, however we can’t advise on the medical treatment.
Bepanthen is the correct cream for tattoos (well over Savlon). Savlon does have antiseptic qualities and I suspect is designed to draw out foreign. bodies, which in your case is ink, that you want to stay in. It maybe worth getting a second opinion from another Doctor and if that Doc suggests Savlon ask if you can use Bepanthen instead

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Does your doctor have any tattoo’s if not i would tell him to fuck himself.

Use bepanthen.

Adler
Participant
@adler

If you’re still having a reaction after switching to bepanthen then don’t use that either. You can just use a non scented lotion and skip the ointments.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

How much time did you do?

andrewbmx
Participant
@andrewbmx

Thanks for the reply guys,
Here is a picture of what it looks like,
I was told it was a tattoo zit and I should stop using so much lotion, but what do you think?
http://postimage.org/image/7p144pi9d/
http://postimage.org/image/7r2m8kscz/
Appears to be around the tattoo and not on it, but I also appear to start getting some more much futher down my arm which isn’t anywhere near the tattoo….
Also I used tattoo goo lotion before on my other tattoo with no problems, and I still do use it to keep it’s colour nice without having any of these zits…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.