Adler
Participant
@adler
Tripper;89296 wrote:
Thanks for the helpful reply! How long do you think I should wait before lifitng? I went to the gym today and hit my shoulders/triceps… The tattoo felt alright – but I don’t want to chance it. It’s been a week today since I got it done so do you think I should wait one more week before getting back into the gym heavy?

I guess I’ll stick to hitting legs/running for this week!

Also, I’ve been using Tattoo Goo on it usually three times a day after washing and before bed. How long should I keep this up for? Should I keep up with the Tattoo Goo or switch to a regular Vitamin E cream after a little bit? I guess there’s no real static method to the aftercare and everyone has their own thing – but I’m eager to hear opinions!!

Thanks for the compliment on the ink! I’m really happy with it and I want to keep it pristine!

Ditch the Tattoo Goo shit and switch to an unscented lotion.
And to be safe I’d wait the extra week before heavy lifting, etc.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Adler is right, but if you really must go to the gym just stick to the bike or something at low speed (fat burn kinda workout). And try not to get too much sweat on your new tattoo.

I waited a week after my first tattoo before getting back to the gym, and just took it easy, making sure not to stretch my shoulder/back area. After 2 weeks you’ll be fine to go back to a normal routine.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Tripper;89165 wrote:
PS: How soon can I get back into the gym? Tomorrow will be one week exactly. Is that too soon?

I just feel so lazy being stuck around the house lately

you shouldn’t go back into the gym for at least 3-4 weeks

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.