char
    Participant
    @char
    Sherav;36221 wrote:
    Hi Char

I would say first of all don’t panic – sometimes you get scar tissue that is difficult for ink to take it is called keloid.
    From what you are saying the healing process is kicking in now – once they stop leaking it will all likley scab over.
    The milky grey surface will either flake or wash away as new skin forms underneath – this will still have ink in it.
    It is most likely taht you will need a touch up on the tattoo once it is healed.

As for the ‘divots’ these sound like inflamed pores or scar tissue points – I have known many where ink has taken and many where it has not – all i can say is see how it looks after the healing is finished.

Take Care
    Matthew

thanks, matthew!

it’s really hard NOT to worry about the end result! you know how excited you are when you find a design ( or in my case, design a tat) you love and then get your ink ( i waited 10 days so that i could get it on my last afternoon); then, you try to take very good care of it to avoid problems and…

you end up w/ ’em anyway:(

but, i’m an optimistic person, so i’m trying to stay postive

peachiepoo
    Participant
    @peachiepoo
    char;36210 wrote:
    are you SERIOUS? those areas STILL won’t take color? what has the tat artist said? do you keep going back to the same person?

has anyone out there ever had a good tat result after experiencing similar problems?

Well, I had the original session, then one touch up and another…all three by the same worthless f**k. My next “touch-up” will actually be a complete re-coloring by my current artist- who is much lighter-handed and gentle. It’s not that they didn’t take ANY color, you can just see that the color in the 3 places is different. My current artist is sure she can “fix” this…so…

And I didn’t mean to panic you…I apologize. Just wanted to let you know that $hit like this happens. Keep up with the antibiotics and keep it clean and moist and see what happens.

char
    Participant
    @char

^^you didn’t panic me; i was paniced about a week ago before i found this forum and the really helpful ppl here!

so, you sound like you think your problems were caused by the artist going too deep? my in-town artist didn’t think that was the case; he thinks that a fresh tat on an ankle and a 14 hour flight w/ 3 ‘legs’ was the problem. i wish the maui artist had mentioned possible complications.:( i loved the way he did smooth shaded areas–i hope this local guy can match the spots (if necessary)

sounds crazy, but i’m glad the tat is FINALLY itching!

char
    Participant
    @char

day 6: some redness around my tattoo still remains, but no pain at all. after washing, patting dry, when i was applying aquaphor ( should i be switiching over to curel yet?), all of the ‘divoted’ areas are rough, like they have some type of a crust. as i was rubbing in the aquaphor, some small bits of ‘something’ rubbed off. :confused: i’ve been waiting about 10 minutes after towel-drying the area to apply the aquaphor, so as not to trap moisture in there. what happens to this crust? a few of the ‘divots’ are now just small indentations in the tat surface, color present ( i hope this is what happens w/ all of the divots) entire tat surface still very cloudy–i have 4 days left on antibiotics…

thanks again 🙂

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Char

That crust is the scab that has formed over the ‘divots’ it is a sure sign of healing. Some does flake away when adding moistueriser and is normal.

The cloudyness will peel/wash away inother 4-8 days depends on how fast you heal but the ink presence sounds promising.

Also the lack of pain is a good sign and the redness should subside in the next few days.

My advice is lay off alcohol for another 2 weeks if you can your body is busy processing a lot of toxins and booze will put a strain on your liver.

As always take care
    Matthew

char
    Participant
    @char

finally done w/ my 10 days of antibiotics. no more ‘leaking’; those areas have all scabbed over and a few of the smaller scabs have fallen off, leaving a tiny ‘dent’ in the surface, BUT….TATTOO COLOR IS THERE!:D fingers crossed that this will be the case beneath every scab.

i still have a waxy, cloudy ‘film’ over the entire surface; when i push on it, it wrinkles; it doesn’t even feel like my skin! i’ve been told this will go away–but, how? will it just absorb into my skin, or peel off ? has anybody had that ‘film’ and found a gorgeous, vivid colored tattoo underneath it?

Chance666
    Participant
    @chance666

I need some help also,

This is tattoo 6 and 7, but the first time I can see them. It is as been a week today, and one is healing great, no soreness, scabs are coming off on there own. The other one is much different. The scabs are raised and puffy there has been some the sticky white fluid leaking out but that looks like it might have stopped. It is really sore and there is a dark pink/reddish area around part of the tattoo. It is on the inside of my ankle, when I stand after sitting or lieing down, I get a very sharp pain up my shin. It will hurt for awhile but if I keep moving it goes away. No fever!

Should I go follow up with the artist? or should I wait til day 10?

FYI – Everyday it seems to be getting better, but I am worried about infection.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Get it checked

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

I would go get it checked. If you read through this thread and then take a look at thread Paranoid about infection.

That will give you some insight in what to look for.

Take Care
    Matthew

char
    Participant
    @char
    Chance666;36674 wrote:
    I need some help also,

This is tattoo 6 and 7, but the first time I can see them. It is as been a week today, and one is healing great, no soreness, scabs are coming off on there own. The other one is much different. The scabs are raised and puffy there has been some the sticky white fluid leaking out but that looks like it might have stopped. It is really sore and there is a dark pink/reddish area around part of the tattoo. It is on the inside of my ankle, when I stand after sitting or lieing down, I get a very sharp pain up my shin. It will hurt for awhile but if I keep moving it goes away. No fever!

Should I go follow up with the artist? or should I wait til day 10?

FYI – Everyday it seems to be getting better, but I am worried about infection.

this sounds SOOO Much like what i went thru! my tat is on my ankle also, and i can TOTALLY relate to that feeling when you first stand up.

the redness and pain say to me, based on what everyone here told me, GET TO THE DR and GET ON ANTIBIOTICS! the pain and redness began to subside in a few days. then, go see your artist and see what he says happened.

mine told me i washed it too much ( 2X/day rather than 1); i really don’t think that’s what went wrong:(

Chance666
    Participant
    @chance666

I went ahead a stopped by the artist. And he said it looks good. And that ankles take a long time to heal, and the reason the right one is not healing as fast as the left, it because it is my plant foot(dominate side). Holy crap did I have enough and’s in there!! Anyways he said just watch for red streaks moving up my leg other than that it is healing well!

So I guess I am just paranoid!

char
    Participant
    @char
    Chance666;36709 wrote:
    I went ahead a stopped by the artist. And he said it looks good. And that ankles take a long time to heal, and the reason the right one is not healing as fast as the left, it because it is my plant foot(dominate side). Holy crap did I have enough and’s in there!! Anyways he said just watch for red streaks moving up my leg other than that it is healing well!

So I guess I am just paranoid!

if you see red streaks, run, don’t walk to the doctor cuz red streaks going upward towards your heart=blood poisoning

and, no, you’re not paranoid; when you’ve had other tats that didn’t act like that, including one that you got at the same time( different leg), of course you would be concerned because you want the end results to be great!

char
    Participant
    @char

hey! sunday was 5 wks for my tat. i’m still waiting for the entire crinkly top surface to come off. when i wash it, if i rub it a bit, some bits of dead skin (?) come off, but, i don’t want to do any MORE damage! but the milky, waxy, cloudiness is mostly gone.

i took my UK GF who was visiting me in NC/USA to the shop that did my first ankle tat a few years ago; she got her first tat, a star…i held her hand :), although she said it didn’t hurt 🙂 Her artist said my tat was healing nicely, considering the infection i had, and thought that more than likely, i’d need a touch up in 2 areas, which is better than the 10 areas i thought i’d have to have touched up! those 2 areas have lost their scabs ( as have all the other areas), the ‘divots’ are still below the surface; no tat color is showing in the bottom of these ‘craters’ although the brownish color that’s showing is much darker than my skin color. but. he said, until that ‘crinkly layer’ ( he called it a scar? is it a scar?) came off, he couldn’t say for sure it i’d need a touch-up or not ( hopefully NOT!)

sooooooooooooooooo…the saga continues.

DropDeadDani
    Participant
    @dropdeaddani

well, im having the same problem with the puss comming out, i got another bit done on my arm sleeve yesterday and today its comming out with loads of clear liquid (puss), im hoping that it will not get infected as i love my tattoos too much! im very nervous about the liquid!, ive tryed ringing my tattooist up and there not answering the phone, help!

Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

its hard to offer help with no photo to show us the extent of the possible problem

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.