char
    Participant
    @char

it’s been 2+ months now, and the surface of my tat is STILL not quite right ( not ‘tight’, but when i push the skin, it looks like some type of plastic wrap, not skin-like), and i will DEFININTELY have to get a few places recolored. i live in NC, and summer is coming, which means the beach and the pool, so, i’ll just use a lot of sunscreen on it and wait til fall to get it retouched, locally.

i don’t want to scare you dani, but, you need to get on antibiotics cuz i’m almost certain you have an infection. things will work out, but, be prepared for needing a touchup down the road.

i still don’t know WHY i got the infection. dirty air on the planes? dunno. but, it is what it is 🙁

DropDeadDani;38957 wrote:
    well, im having the same problem with the puss comming out, i got another bit done on my arm sleeve yesterday and today its comming out with loads of clear liquid (puss), im hoping that it will not get infected as i love my tattoos too much! im very nervous about the liquid!, ive tryed ringing my tattooist up and there not answering the phone, help!
    Outlaw
    Participant
    @outlaw

dont take antibiotics unless the doctor prescribes them, the last thing you want is antiboitics forcing the ink pigments out of your body, it is a definate colour fade if you do take them…… like i say if the doctor prescribes them then it is because you genuinely need them, dont just take them because somebody is guessing that it is an infection.

PHOTO’s

char
    Participant
    @char

of course! you can’t get antibiotics w/out a dr’s prescrption anyway ( not in the US, anyway).

but, if you have swelling, redness, and leakage of some kind, chances are you have an infection. i am VERY grateful that someone here urged me to see a DR ( who confirmed the infection and wrote me a presciption). i wish i hadn’t waited as long as i did to see one, cuz i wonder if my ink wouldn’t have ended up being as messed up if i had gotten antibiotics right away.

Outlaw;38967 wrote:
    dont take antibiotics unless the doctor prescribes them, the last thing you want is antiboitics forcing the ink pigments out of your body, it is a definate colour fade if you do take them…… like i say if the doctor prescribes them then it is because you genuinely need them, dont just take them because somebody is guessing that it is an infection.

PHOTO’s

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Hey Char hope you are well – keep moisturising your tattoo and it will clear up no problem for teh touch up and will look great for the summer.

Hi Dani,

I have answered your question on your other thread but to re-iterate;

Clear liquid leaking is common straight after a tattoo as it contains antibodies that are trying to flush the ‘foreign body’ from your skin – the ink.

This usually lasts between 6-24 hrs when it then starts to form a protective cover which is the scabbing.

If you find that there is liquid leaking out from under the scab 2-3 days after the tattoo then you need to check to see if you have an infection.

The signs of infection (amongst others) are ;

Pus leaking – this can be discoloured white,yellow and can also have a awful smell (but not always)

Clear liquid leaking – Not be confused with the first after tattoo feeling where the scab is forming. This is leaking from under the scab and can have traces of blood mixed in with it. It is usually copious and does not stop even after cleaning and can cause the scab to rise (yummy!)

Swollen lumps – this is not the usual swelling but lumps that can often feel hard to the touch and very painful. Often very red.

Spreading redness – this is where the normal skin becomes threaded with redness sometims in patches or lines that are travelling up the body – first signs of blood poisoning! The feeling is akin to somebody setting your skin on fire or pressing a hot iron to your flesh.

The other signs to watch for are vomiting (Exorcist style), nausea, headaches (not mild), and an aversion to bright lights, vomiting blood, diarhaea, discoloured genital discharge or discoloured urine. These are all signs of a serious blood infection. (Double yummy)

Blistering – These are simply not hard to miss and your arm will be hanging off if you get this.

Flesh discolouration – Not the usual redness but where the tattoo has become bruised, fire red all over, blackened or green – this will usually be accompanied by a serious amount of pus – this is septic get to a Dr or prepare to have it cut or cut off before you get gangrene!

I will say I am not a Dr or a medical practioner – if you are worried get it checked by a professional!

Take Care
    Matthew

char
    Participant
    @char

no, matthew is no doctor (hey, matthew 🙂 ), but the advice you gave me was the most helpful i got anywhere; i kind of knew mine was infected, just didn’t want it to be!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.