imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904

I saw it too the night it aired and didn’t say anything about it here cause it’s just a bunch of BS. A tattoo course in 2 weeks? Are you shitting me? OK one guy has potential, the guy that did the Indian portrait. But seriously, this show is a disgrace to the tattoo community. I wanted to watch it just to see what it was about and it’s like watching a car wreck, you can’t help but to keep watching. I can’t believe the people they get in that shop… pretty much sums up their “work”. All those people with shitty tattoos and if you fuck it up it’s ok. :rolleyes: This lady doesn’t give any secrets away, she just tells people with money to tattoo a banana, eat lunch, tattoo a real person, next day you tattoo for 10 hours. That place needs to be shut down.

To sum up… it’s not a tattoo school. It’s just a bunch of scratchers wanting to be on TV.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Did they actually cancel it? I figured there would be so much back lash from everyone that it would get cancelled

Doesn’t look like it’s on the TLC website

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
Parademic;91766 wrote:
Did they actually cancel it? I figured there would be so much back lash from everyone that it would get cancelled

Doesn’t look like it’s on the TLC website

I thought it was a one time show. :confused:

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I had to watch it – much in the same way I can’t help but look at a car wreck as I drive past. It seems totally ridiculous. Learn how to tattoo in 2 weeks and they’re already working on live people by the 2nd day on the show. Then at the end of the show, the worst guy on there went out and bought a tattoo machine on his own to finish some god awful tat he started on someone. They’re just breeding scratchers.

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

In my opinion,we could not rely on tattoo school, we only could get basic knowledge and easy practise from school.
In theory one could spend 10 years or so trying to figure out design on their own,so apprenticeship only take a little fraction of the time.
If you want to become tattoo artist, you should learn more about yourself,you should have the potential!
and then practise is necessary!

Prinny
Participant
@prinny

Apparently, the woman in the show, running the school said she was receiving death threats against herself and her family, she discontinued the program.

The whole thing was a bull shit idea to begin with.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Justice has been served 🙂

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
prinny;91838 wrote:
apparently, the woman in the show, running the school said she was receiving death threats against herself and her family, she discontinued the program.

The whole thing was a bull shit idea to begin with.

oh she got my letters? Good…

irish the hired gun
Participant
@irish-the-hired-gun

I don’t mind shows like LA, Ny, and Miami ink, but to make people think if you pay someone enough you can become a tattoo artist. It angers me considering all I had to do during my apprenticeship. There’s a lot more than pushing ink into skin to be a true tattoo artist, you have to be a good artist first. Sorry, but you can’t teach talent. TLC should stick to shows about midgets and house wifes with too much time on there hands.
Down with tattoo school!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I’d like to see them do a show like that called High Voltage Electricianing School or something. Get kids right out of school in to learn how to operate 110kV lines in 2 weeks and then give them a high voltage certificate.

Something tells me THAT show would get canceled without any death threats.

irish the hired gun
Participant
@irish-the-hired-gun

Now that’s entertainment. I was thinking the real life angry birds. A show about sling-shoting birds at unsuspecting children, the elderly would work too I guess.

jimmyrab
@

I LOVED THE SHOW. the next day i order my stuff and did my first tattoo last night. tattoos are way easier then people make them out tobe.

irish the hired gun
Participant
@irish-the-hired-gun

Really dude? Really?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Trollollollollol.

irish the hired gun
Participant
@irish-the-hired-gun

I guess the world can’t have too many scratchers. I’m stuck working with one, and he thinks he’s the Scheiße.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.