Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Anyone see this show? I get it’s about tattoos, but wow, I don’t even know what to say. Alright, here’s your gun, tattoo this banana, then tattoo a person this afternoon.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Still better than Jersey Shore. I still resent the fact I know what a Snookie is.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

I’ve known about this for about a week. There is an industry wide boycott on TLC and their advertisers. I purposely didn’t bring it up because I didn’t want people tuning in. If you tell the not to watch they will invariably turn it on. Put a shiny red button in front of someone and tell them not to push it. They will push that button.

The whole idea of tattoo schools sickens me. They only exist because some people aren’t good enough to get a real apprenticeship. These leeches take their money show them nothing but poor sanitary practices and give them a diploma saying that they are tattoo artists. No shop would even look twice at someone who walked in with a “Tattoo School” diploma. In fact they would probably get thrown out on their ear. These people end up scratching in their kitchens and mutilating people. I’m disgusted.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I was feeling that way, granted, the guy Alan did a decent piece for his final piece. But this show scares the fuck out of me. People walk out of there thinking they are tattoo artists, but really they are a year away from anything like that.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Didn’t see the show. I’m boycotting. Besides, I’d rather stand in line for the midnight showing of Harry Potter anyway.

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

Why do you have to hate on Snooks? Like you wouldn’t want to have your own little Bolivian midget…

slimchance
Participant
@slimchance

I watched the first 5 minutes,felt ill and changed the chanel.ive been trying for years to get an aprenticeship and these clowns are tattooing in one day.No chance you’ll ever see any of those people in a shop!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

fuck this show. this goes against everything the industry should stand for. if you support the community, dont watch it.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
DavidJednat;91488 wrote:
I’ve known about this for about a week. There is an industry wide boycott on TLC and their advertisers. I purposely didn’t bring it up because I didn’t want people tuning in. If you tell the not to watch they will invariably turn it on. Put a shiny red button in front of someone and tell them not to push it. They will push that button.

The whole idea of tattoo schools sickens me. They only exist because some people aren’t good enough to get a real apprenticeship. These leeches take their money show them nothing but poor sanitary practices and give them a diploma saying that they are tattoo artists. No shop would even look twice at someone who walked in with a “Tattoo School” diploma. In fact they would probably get thrown out on their ear. These people end up scratching in their kitchens and mutilating people. I’m disgusted.

+1. well said. i didnt want to bring it up either.

DOJAGUY
Participant
@dojaguy
KnightHawk;91486 wrote:
Still better than Jersey Shore. I still resent the fact I know what a Snookie is.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

define a snookie? is it a sex position?

Ross_W
Participant
@ross_w

I will admit i watched it last night, because i want know exactly what the show is about instead of blowing hot air. All i can say is… wow. I dont know the exact timeline, but in show time, they went from tattooing to a banana to tattooing a real person within at most 10 minutes, and i believe it was over the course of a day. Scary shit, and while a few of the students seemed to have some potential, one guy on there (i believe his name was Christopher) had the lining ability of a 3 year old. One on close up, he completely veered off of a line at like a 30 degree angle, it was terrible.

Even worse was the one biker dude who did rather large rib peice on someone… the picture seemed ok, but the tattoo came out a massive incoherent black blob, and he didnt even finish it on the final day. Worst of all, he didnt know how to stretch the skin properly, so it was just problem after problem.

You know, im all for anyone with good art skills to learn to tattoo, and everyone has to start somewhere. But good god, tattooing isnt supposed to be learned in 2 weeks. I can see this show causing alot of controversy for TLC, and i will be watching closely to see what happens. If there is one positive thing i took from this show, its that i feel inspired to let an apprentice in a quality tattoo shop with a mentor who thinks he/she is ready, to do a small practice tattoo on me. I think it would be good to help a talented apprentice get some real experience. But not in a dirty, crappy shop, and certainly not someone who has only practiced on a banana for 30 minutes.

Adler
Participant
@adler

I watched it and was disgusted for the same reasons as everyone else here. I assume it was covered and not aired but I didn’t see any lessons on sterilization and cross contamination, how to use an autoclave, etc. You know, all the unimportant stuff. And who the fuck would allow one of these amateurs to tattoo them in the first place? Never mind, there’s lots of people. The lady teacher admitted the tattoo world hates her but she feel she’s doing the right thing…recruiting and promoting scratchers.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Do not watch this show if u do not want to promote what these idiots are doing! All advertisers care about is ratings. So even if you are watcing the show in disgust, the advertisers dont know the difference and will think the show is a hit based on ratings and the advertisers will keep the show going. Stop watching and rating drops, show gets cancelled.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

I’m surprised that someone hasn’t killed the girl who runs the show. “The tattoo industry hates me because I’m giving away the secrets”, wtf ?!

I don’t even know what to say to this show other than it scared the shit out of me, and they use crack heads as test animals for these “students”

Prinny
Participant
@prinny

Its been cancelled – thank christ.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.