Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

yeah it was pretty good and it definitely opened the door to much more understanding of the Tattoo culture by mainstream society.

Out of interest what do you think of NY Ink?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Miami Ink was by far the best of the shows. It was mostly all about cool tattoos without all the bloody drama. London Ink was very good as well.. no drama at all! (no wonder they weren’t renewed for another season)

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Do they have NY ink in Iceland yet Arni?

Its very scripted but you do get to see some great work!

ArniVidar
@arnividar

None of these shows are aired in Iceland. I download it all off the internet. I watched the very first show of NY Ink and it literally starts with a whole drawn out, obviously scripted, poorly acted drama fight between some gay cleaning lady dude and a supposed manager which manages absolutely nothing but her hairdo, and I vomited a bit in my mouth. Haven’t dared trying to watch it any more.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Ha ha well said – I had a Thursday night of and turned on the TV and it was the season finale so I caught half of the 2nd last episode and all of the last one – like you said fake as all hell

Its weird Ami talked so much crap about his experiences on Miami Ink and yet he goes and does NY ink they must be paying him a lot of money (good for him) to do the show

Anyways I am pretty sure they got confirmed for another season.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well Ami is a good businessman and he knows what he’s doing. He may hate the drama but it pays him well and that’s all that matters. Too bad the shows are virtually unwatchable because of it.

As as sidenote, I hate reading his name.
Ami.. looks almost identical to Arni ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al
ArniVidar;93486 wrote:
Well Ami is a good businessman and he knows what he’s doing. He may hate the drama but it pays him well and that’s all that matters. Too bad the shows are virtually unwatchable because of it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah I really must pay a visit to his shop while it is till there

ArniVidar
@arnividar

You think it’s worth checking out? I’ll be in NY around labor day and was wondering if I should go there or not. Since I’m not planning on getting tattooed, I’m not sure there would be much point visiting the store.

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

More for curiosity’s sake then anything else.

I would never get tattooed in any of those reality show shops – I know plenty of people who have turned up got someone who isn’t on the show and been charged waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy over the odds for a small piece.

First time in NYC? Let me know

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Yep. It’s my first time in NYC. I even have a separate thread about that whole thing down in the General Discussions forum ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie_Al
Participant
@aussie_al

Ah ok great! I will have to go find it

I am down for meeting up if I have time ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Adler
Participant
@adler
ArniVidar;93489 wrote:
You think it’s worth checking out? I’ll be in NY around labor day and was wondering if I should go there or not. Since I’m not planning on getting tattooed, I’m not sure there would be much point visiting the store.

I wouldn’t waste my time.

TypH
Participant
@typh
ArniVidar;93481 wrote:
Miami Ink was by far the best of the shows. It was mostly all about cool tattoos without all the bloody drama. London Ink was very good as well.. no drama at all! (no wonder they weren’t renewed for another season)

really man,you liked London Ink alot? to be honest I couldn’t stand that show, I thought it sucked ass,but thats just my thoughts haha

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Well, they just showed people tattooing and cool tattoos… no drama and no nothing. Can’t beat that ๐Ÿ™‚

TypH
Participant
@typh
ArniVidar;93577 wrote:
Well, they just showed people tattooing and cool tattoos… no drama and no nothing. Can’t beat that ๐Ÿ™‚

haha too each there own…I personally thought the team there,sucked and there was the odd tattoo i thought was good,other then that it was a crappy show,but thats just my opinions haha

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.