Swansoda
Participant
@swansoda

@Dyson350 123785 wrote:

I was in the same boat as you but went in going for a half sleeve that wraps onto my chest..in other words just go for it!!! lol

Yeah, that’s what everyone says and I read all over that it really doesn’t hurt that bad anymore with all the modern day improvements.

Dyson350
Participant
@dyson350

@Swansoda 123786 wrote:

Yeah, that’s what everyone says and I read all over that it really doesn’t hurt that bad anymore with all the modern day improvements.

Think your over thinking it. I have a low tolerance for pain and so far when it actually has hurt in some spots my reaction has been, me thinking “Damn that kinda hurts” Its nots going to have you scream out in pain.

Swansoda
Participant
@swansoda

@Dyson350 123787 wrote:

Think your over thinking it. I have a low tolerance for pain and so far when it actually has hurt in some spots my reaction has been, me thinking “Damn that kinda hurts” Its nots going to have you scream out in pain.

Ok, I will stop over thinking. That’s a character flaw of mine. Thanks

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@Swansoda 123784 wrote:

So how do you base your opinion on Larry or Todd being not half bad and the rest being not good? To my “virgin” eyes, they all look good to me.

It is somthing you learn about line work color saturation shading ect. stick around you will learn.

Which is beter?
r2d2.jpg

OR

StarWarsWeb-Ready.jpg

b47848006d72077fec089847300ad691.jpg

Swansoda
Participant
@swansoda

@buttwheat 123801 wrote:

It is somthing you learn about line work color saturation shading ect. stick around you will learn.

Which is beter?
r2d2.jpg

OR

StarWarsWeb-Ready.jpg

b47848006d72077fec089847300ad691.jpg

oh! yeah! I can definitely see the difference! There’s more shine and depth to the bottom c3p0

Swansoda
Participant
@swansoda

Ok so I will definitely visit Timmy in Kokomo one day, but if he’s that booked up and everything I’d like to go to him at the right time for me time wise with my work schedule and price wise with the gas and everything to drive 2 hours…..and my sister is coming home for a visit in mid march and wants to go get a tattoo with me so I’d like to try and find somebody good locally first if I can, so what do you think of these guys’ work?
Nadwe’ I –  Nadwe’ Zibe Tattoos & Piercings 

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

The first shop you posted had more talent in it. The Chick here has the best looking stuff that being said she wouldn’t be tattooing me.

A tattoo isn’t something to run out and get. Call or email Timmy and get on his schedule so what if you have to wait it’s a tattoo it will be on you for ever.

Swansoda
Participant
@swansoda

@buttwheat 123824 wrote:

The first shop you posted had more talent in it. The Chick here has the best looking stuff that being said she wouldn’t be tattooing me.

A tattoo isn’t something to run out and get. Call or email Timmy and get on his schedule so what if you have to wait it’s a tattoo it will be on you for ever.

Ok I understand, thank you. I will definitely give him a call. (Is the 700 number the local area code or a special business number?) ….and come to think of it, my sister and our mom want to go to the mall in Indy, so with any luck he’ll have an opening for both of us when we’re headed back home.

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Definitely find a good artist since you’ll have this ink forever! It worth a little extra money or travel.

Also, don’t be afraid of the pain, its really not that bad. And everyone knows women have a higher pain tolerance than men 😉 lol

You can check out my album, but I have a couple small tattoos on my right hip, and a lower back tattoo and the best way I can describe the pain is if someone took a needle and set it on your skin at about a 45 degree angle with some moderate pressure, and then drug it across your skin. Yeah its uncomfortable, but not excruciating or anything. After a little while, your natural pain-killing endorphins start kicking in and you sort of just cruise through it. I felt so ginned up and sort of spaced out by the time I was done that I had a hard time paying and calculating a tip lol

There’s a reason people say tattoos are addicting! You totally forget the pain after its done and healed and will be clamoring for your next one!

Swansoda
Participant
@swansoda

@Thaela 123894 wrote:

Welcome to the forum 🙂

Definitely find a good artist since you’ll have this ink forever! It worth a little extra money or travel.

Also, don’t be afraid of the pain, its really not that bad. And everyone knows women have a higher pain tolerance than men 😉 lol

You can check out my album, but I have a couple small tattoos on my right hip, and a lower back tattoo and the best way I can describe the pain is if someone took a needle and set it on your skin at about a 45 degree angle with some moderate pressure, and then drug it across your skin. Yeah its uncomfortable, but not excruciating or anything. After a little while, your natural pain-killing endorphins start kicking in and you sort of just cruise through it. I felt so ginned up and sort of spaced out by the time I was done that I had a hard time paying and calculating a tip lol

There’s a reason people say tattoos are addicting! You totally forget the pain after its done and healed and will be clamoring for your next one!

Thank you very much for the nice response! 🙂 I will look at your gallery. I have heard women have a higher pain tolerance. And I do know everyone’s is different but its interesting to know what it’s like for different people.

I like your kitty paws! That’d be a cool one to get!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Just go for it. The pain is manageable. Start with the upper arm if you’re really apprehensive.

Swansoda
Participant
@swansoda

@D3FiANC3 123979 wrote:

Just go for it. The pain is manageable. Start with the upper arm if you’re really apprehensive.

Thank you. I was thinking there or my upper calf. I really want to start with a girly skull and my arm is so skinny I’m thinking I’m gonna start with my upper calf.

Swansoda
Participant
@swansoda

@D3FiANC3 123979 wrote:

Thank you. I was thinking there or my upper calf. I really want to start with a girly skull and my arm is so skinny I’m thinking I’m gonna start with my upper calf.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.