SciCo
Participant
@scico

Hi all, just a quick intro….I’m an enthusiast and will probably mostly lurk/read. I am also looking for a realism artist in the Philly/NJ/NYC or even CT area. I have a little bit of a difficult situation I was left in with my last artist, but I will post another thread on that.

For now I just wanted to say hello and thanks to the mods for having me.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

welcome to the forum, in the area you live in you will have lots of great choices for artists, do you want to go color or black and grey?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome aboard. You don’t really need to say thank you to the mods, why wouldn’t they have you?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Welcome. 🙂 As mrchen said, there are plenty of great realism artists in your (and my) area. Once you give us some more details, we can suggest a few.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hi there, welcome to the forum! 🙂

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Welcome to the forums SciCo. It’s always fun to get more women to save us from the sausage fest this place could be.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;99992 wrote:
Welcome to the forums SciCo. It’s always fun to get more women to save us from the sausage fest this place could be.

There is nothing wrong with a good old sausage.

Amok
Participant
@amok
Wardy;99996 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with a good old sausage.

That’s what He said

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

Welcome! I can’t wait to hear what you’re having done.

Yeah, it’s a little heavy on the testosterone around here, but I guess that’s no different than my day to day in sales either.

SciCo
Participant
@scico

Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome! You guys are funny.

mrchen: the piece I have is color. It’s a half sleeve of sealife.

Wardy: LOL, I’m too polite I guess? I say thank-you to everyone. Even to moderators on forums that automatically approve your membership.

😀

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

so I understand correctly, you need to finish this piece?
is it realism style?

SciCo
Participant
@scico
mrchen;100101 wrote:
so I understand correctly, you need to finish this piece?
is it realism style?

Yup, that is correct. Some free skin still left (little less than half my upper arm). What’s there now is already colored in (no outlines) but needs more work. Background def needs work. Sealife needs to be added in the inner arm. It’s kinda all over the place/a mess right now TBH. 🙁

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you have alot of options, I like East Side Tattoo in the village, or Red Rocket, maybe Adam Hayes on 36th (but I htink they are moving)………..lots of good folk in PA also…………

if you ever get to Atlanta you could get hooked up here world class by Deno Cook at Psycho Tattoo (he is known for his sealife) or for much less money Vince Villalvazo at Mystic Owl (who is in 3 magazines this month)

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

For color realism, check out Stefano at Last Rites. He charges $225/hr, but that’s not uncommon in NYC. Cost of living is ridiculous as I’m sure you know. :/

Freeman_Tattoo_L1.jpg

stefano-alcantara-scarface-color-tattoo.jpg

tiger-tattoo-m.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

you are a trip, I would have told her Stafano too, but then I thought about $$$$ (plus he isnt going to finish a pice someone else started most likely)

He has been very good, he seems to be getting even better the last 12 months, dude is just lkilling it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.