DuchessCCC
Participant
@duchessccc

I guess I posted my intro in the wrong thread I am Duchess and I have been practicing on practice skins not people as I want to make sure I don’t make a real big mistake that could hurt any possible client I have been told by both my fiancee who has many many tats that my tattooing has improved greatly but I am always looking for advice from seasoned artist so I can keep learning . Like what is the better ink on the market and are round or flat shaders better as well as what is the better way to shade circular or wisping any advice will be greatly appreciated

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Get a proper apprenticeship.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hey Duchess. You will find no help on tattooing in this forum. Get an apprenticeship and stop doing shit on your own. You’re picking up bad habits that you’ll have a very hard time getting rid of.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

While it is nice that you came here you will find that you will receive no help in your life as a scratcher.Find yourself a proper apprenticeship then ask your mentor this question.
Thanks for coming here and have a super day

Amok
Participant
@amok
buttwheat;97272 wrote:
Thanks for coming here and have a super day

I’m not sure if I like the “new buttwheat”

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Amok;97274 wrote:
I’m not sure if I like the “new buttwheat”

I dunno.. I for one think it’s a refreshing change.

feathertouch
Participant
@feathertouch

welcome to the forum, Not sure if answering is safe for anyone out here, i feel these ppl will hunt me down and hang me by my toe nails till the buzzards feed on my eyes sorry. But welcome to the forum just the same

Megan

DuchessCCC
Participant
@duchessccc

I did have a mentor but she quit on me due to her addiction most of what I am doing is what I already learned through her , but I must say WOW this is not how the people here in Canada treat people it must be true Americans are on the nasty side

ArniVidar
@arnividar
DuchessCCC;97284 wrote:
this is not how the people here in Canada treat people it must be true Americans are on the nasty side

Has nothing to do with Americans (Americans probably constitute the lowest percentage of people in here) and everything to do with this forum not welcoming scratchers. I’m sorry that your mentor bailed on you, but you need to find a new one if you want to progress in your chosen profession.

Amok
Participant
@amok
DuchessCCC;97284 wrote:
I did have a mentor but she quit on me due to her addiction most of what I am doing is what I already learned through her , but I must say WOW this is not how the people here in Canada treat people it must be true Americans are on the nasty side

For the record this is a worldwide forum not an American one. The reason some people jumped down your throat is they just assumed you were a “scratcher”. It seems that you’re not, I hope you can look past that as there is a lot of new members who sign up that are basically just random people tattooing out of their garages and ruining their friends skin for life.

Stick around, you’ll like it here. There’s lots of artists and tattoo enthusiasts alike.

khosmy
Participant
@khosmy

This website is starting to blow really hard… as soon as anyone say they are practicing at home they are immidiatly tagged as scratchers… outstanding.
I’ve seen “scratchers” with more skills than “pro artists”, several times… but i guess it just looks cool to be an elitist jerk…

Many artists from now days learned at home, some of them never got an aprenticeship, and still they came out great, it’s all about the dedication you put into it, to search, learn new things, and improve yourself… everybody should just turn this forum to “pros only” sign ins… than you all could lick each others awsomeness without having the “crappys” arround here… DAMN

To the OP, welcome to the forum… but if you are like me, you’ll probably end up leaving like i am doing right now…

ArniVidar
@arnividar
khosmy;97292 wrote:
This website is starting to blow really hard

Starting to? It has never welcomed scratchers… and yes, anyone that doesn’t work out of a certified sterile environment, with certified sterile equipment and/or doesn’t know what the hell they are doing to keep themselves and their customers safe and create the best possible outcome… they are (For a lack of a better description) scratchers.

That some of the best names in the business started out from their own garage, making stupid mistakes on stupider people, does in no way negate the possible harm that can be done by an unskilled tattooist.. with ugly tattoos being the best possible outcome and death being the worst possible outcome.

So, no.. this forum isn’t starting to blow.. we just don’t care for people who mangle other people without knowing how to do it, and anyone tattooing information posted on here would directly benefit those too lazy or ignorant to get an apprenticeship.. the true scratchers.

khosmy
Participant
@khosmy

Thats a very nice reply, but what you call someone that learned lots of diferent things from several diferent places, has a sterilized environment ina specific part of the house, with certified sterile equipment, and knows what he is doing, and doesnt have a licence (honestly that part is a major fail since there are several countrys that still today don’t have such thing), and they actually are even doing their practice in sintetic/pig skin instead of real people till they are good enough to do so, love all there is about tattoos and do it for their love to it and not for fame and fortune… you call those scratchers? You kidding me?

You say all that stuff and still each 1 out of 2 albums in here, are with personal works, are true abominations, even lower than “scratching” and still i don’t see anyone kicking those users out…

I’m sorry, but the general beliefs around here, are pure elitism crap, jsut in this post it was easily seen, everyone jumped on him, as soon as he said he practiced at home, ignored the part he didnt tattoo people, and immidiatly labeled him without even at least giving benefit of the doubt and asked to check his work, his work place, etc… thats just crap attitude no matter what you say.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
khosmy;97295 wrote:
Thats a very nice reply, but what you call someone that learned lots of diferent things from several diferent places, has a sterilized environment ina specific part of the house, with certified sterile equipment, and knows what he is doing, and doesnt have a licence (honestly that part is a major fail since there are several countrys that still today don’t have such thing), and they actually are even doing their practice in sintetic/pig skin instead of real people till they are good enough to do so, love all there is about tattoos and do it for their love to it and not for fame and fortune… you call those scratchers?

For a lack of a better word, yes. They certainly can’t be considered professionals, since professionalism by the very definition requires degrees and certificates and other such stuff. In those countries where no such things are required, then people simply can’t be ‘professionals’.. regardless of how spectacularly good they are.

Speaking of which, nobody’s denying the fact that many so-called professionals are horrible tattooists. But that is not the point.

Since the MAJORITY of the people in here that come looking for tattooing instructions ARE scratchers, any tattooing information given would most benefit those that should not see the information. There is no way to manage this except with an either/or approach.

khosmy;97295 wrote:
thats just crap attitude no matter what you say.

If you say so. It’s the attitude of this forum not to help people mangle other people. If that is crap attitude, then I believe most of us will gladly admit to that crap and wear it proudly.

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

its still scratching, you have bypassed the respected tradition within this 10,000 year old art form and decided to do things your own way. In any profession this is usually not well received. In the 60’s and 70’s a local artist would come to your house and break your hands with a hammer.

I have never seen a scratcher that practiced legally acceptable methods for the prevention of cross contamination. Most of them do not have the training to do it right, even if the intentions are good.

You need to do things right, the pros who started at home admit and have admitted inprint they were wrong, why dont you admit you are wrong and try doing this the right way.

Either way you dont learn shit working on your own, working on a shop with artists better than you always improves your skill, try it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.