Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Hey there! Just got my first tattoo yesterday. I started lurking here a few weeks ago once my designs were drawn, appointment was made, and it was all coming to fruition. There’s been a lot of good info I’ve found here already, so thanks to all of you, especially in the aftercare forum.

I’m having trouble adding the pic to my album, keeps rejecting. I’ll keep trying…

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g370/briscogun/

Hopefully that link works?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Welcome to the forum 🙂 Congrats on your first ink 🙂

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx
Briscogun;95380 wrote:
Hey there! Just got my first tattoo yesterday. I started lurking here a few weeks ago once my designs were drawn, appointment was made, and it was all coming to fruition. There’s been a lot of good info I’ve found here already, so thanks to all of you, especially in the aftercare forum.

I’m having trouble adding the pic to my album, keeps rejecting. I’ll keep trying…

http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g370/briscogun/

Hopefully that link works?

here’s the pic for you. i’m not a fan personally but looks cleanly done. congrats on your first!
006.jpg

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Thanks! I was nervous as hell, but it came out fantastic! I’ve gathered here that Kanji is one step above a tribal arm band on the tattoo heirarchy, but it was a great way for me to put a bunch of concepts and important things together in one piece. Since this was my first (and probably only) ink, I wanted it to be special to me. And thanks for posting the pic, not sure why I was struggling so hard with that.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Hi and welcome. That is some of the nicer kanji I’ve seen. Whats it say? Bible verse? or lunch?

Amok
Participant
@amok

looks really good, congrats

Hylland
Participant
@hylland
Briscogun;95405 wrote:
Thanks! I was nervous as hell, but it came out fantastic! I’ve gathered here that Kanji is one step above a tribal arm band on the tattoo heirarchy, but it was a great way for me to put a bunch of concepts and important things together in one piece. Since this was my first (and probably only) ink, I wanted it to be special to me. And thanks for posting the pic, not sure why I was struggling so hard with that.

It’s hard to say whether it comes above or below tribal. It does look nice and clean, so I guess the real important question is where did you get the translation?

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

I located a designer who was able to take a basic design he already had and incorporate my stuff. The basic design is this:

The large symbols on top mean “family bonds”. The three words going down the length of the tattoo are my kids three names, and the small red symbol means “protect”.

The designer was very good about communicating how the symbols are done, how names are translated, what the syllabols mean for each name, and provided a reference sheet with everything on it. He did a half dozen drafts back and forth until I was happy with it.

I did some comparisons of his work to others on the net, and with Kanji it seems that there are some small style differences, but for the most part it all cheked out. At the end of the day, the guy could have spelled out maccaroni and cheese and I may not be the wiser, but…

If anyone is interested, I can direct you to his website. Very cool stuff.

Hylland
Participant
@hylland

At least it seems he put some consideration into it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.