xxspeakxx
Participant
@xxspeakxx

Hi artist, and tattoo enthusiast.

My name is Speak.

Some info about me and why I’m here.

I’m 23, from Indiana. I have roughly 25 tattoo’s, and am looking to start my apprenticeship soon.

I have most of the tattoo’s that I want and am looking to get only a few more.

I want my right arm sleeved with the apocalypse, my left sleeve finished. Aside from that I have all the tattoo’s i want. Including a full back piece, and a couple on my legs.

It is nice meeting everyone.

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Nice to meet you, speak. Welcome to the forum! Post some pics of your ink!

xxspeakxx
Participant
@xxspeakxx

Hey Dave. I only have a couple pictures of my ink.

This one I did myself a few years ago. It’s been colored in since then. For a DIY job it came out well. It could use a slight touch up, though.

securedownload1i.jpg

This one is another DIY job. It’s my favorite tattoo so far. I thought about having it colored in but, I think I prefer the black scale shading.

tattooshin.jpg

This last image is the design for my next tattoo. It’s going to be a cover up of an earlier tattoo I did. Although I plan on taking it to a professional to get it done.

20110224102249908775.jpg

For the record i don’t do tattoo’s for other people, and have since stopped tattooing myself over a year ago. Decided it would be best to work on building my portfolio and getting my apprenticeship and license.

I’ll try and get some pictures of the rest of my work. A lot of it I did myself and needs to be touched up (the line work is straight but the shading is a little uneven). I plan to get my ink fixed professionally, or at least supervised by a pro when/if I get my apprenticeship.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Holy shit those are bad

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van

Sorry to break it to you, bro, but if you intend to be a successful artist, you’ve got a long way to go. It appears that those pics may be dark and blurry intentionally, as I do not see anything that you should be happy to post. The sketch of the fret board below the skin is too dark , lacks detail and the torn skin looks fake. I’m not trying to be a dick, just callin ’em as I see ’em. You’re gonna need a couple art classes if you want to be a serious contender. Sorry, man. Of course, that’s just one man’s opinion.

xxspeakxx
Participant
@xxspeakxx
Dave Van;89743 wrote:
Sorry to break it to you, bro, but if you intend to be a successful artist, you’ve got a long way to go. It appears that those pics may be dark and blurry intentionally, as I do not see anything that you should be happy to post. The sketch of the fret board below the skin is too dark , lacks detail and the torn skin looks fake. I’m not trying to be a dick, just callin ’em as I see ’em. You’re gonna need a couple art classes if you want to be a serious contender. Sorry, man. Of course, that’s just one man’s opinion.

No offense taken. There’s a reason why I stopped doing my own tattoo’s lol. The tattoo’s are blurry and dark because of the lighting and the fact that they were taken with a camera phone. I’m happy to post them, not because I think they’re great work, but because they are mine and they’re… I guess baby steps lol. Beside all that we all have to start somewhere.

The fretboard needs to be dark as it is going to be a cover up tattoo (I do have a picture of the tattoo I’m getting covered, but I’d rather not show as it is WAY worse than what’s already been shown). I do agree with the skin tears though, they do look fake, but that’s all a matter of patience time, effort and practice.

I was actually taking art classes, but stopped because the collection of debt.

I do appreciate your honest,

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

welcome to the forum

(A little advice) When you go to the Artist for a apprentaship do not tell him that you did them tattoo’s yourself. If you do he will reject you.

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.