someguy
Participant
@someguy

Hey so im getting my first tattoo in three days and was hoping someone could give me the lowdown on whats going to happen to me. Gonna get a lighthouse scene based on a lighthouse in my area on my inner bicep. Gonna take up most of that part of my arm so im pretty stoked. Talked to the artist a week or two ago and told him what i wanted and he said he’d sketch something up for me.

So my questions are what’s the procedure for a meeting like this? Im guessing im going to see him and he’ll show me the sketch and if i like it well just go ahead and put it on then or if i don’t like it make another appointment?
How long do you guys think it would take for something like this to heal? also what kind of ointment do you guys prefer?
How is the inner bicep on a pain scale? Im pretty scrawny so im guessing its going to hurt pretty bad haha
And what do you guys feel about the tattoo itself?

Sorry for so many questions at once. Just wanted to get a little more info besides what ive been googling and stuff. The artist is someone that’s tattooed most of my friends and is pretty good so im not that worried about that.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

First, take a look in the Tattoo Aftercare forum. There are probably hundreds of posts there to answer all your aftercare/healing questions.

Now, depending on your scheduled timeframe, he’d probably just change the sketch on the spot until you’re satisfied, but if it’s WAY off from your vision you should tell him that up front and cancel this appointment. Do NOT let anyone push/stress/rush you into getting something you’re not 170% satisfied with.

It’s going to hurt… it’s going to hurt like you’re stuck in a damned free flowing lava field. You will grit your teeth, swear, sweat, bleed and quite possibly even cry. This is part of getting tattooed. If you’re not comfortable with that prospect, do not get tattooed.

As for lotions, if you’re in Scandinavia then Helosan is undefeated king. Anywhere else I have no clue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.