shudderingfordays
Participant
@shudderingfordays

Hi all,

I have enjoyed reading these pages for a time, and have decided to register and inflict myself upon you.

Anyhow, I am passionate about art/tattoos, and am intrigued by the extreme poles of people’s opinions on the art form.

I have been tattooed by six different artists, across three countries and still have very little coverage (when wearing a t-shirt my appearance is that of a non-tattooed person). I am in the process of arranging to have a continuation of my current work on my right upper arm (leading to a full sleeve). I have been in touch with Amanda Ruby (amazing black and grey work),and really want a piece to show how beautiful and artistic tattoos can be. Something of an ‘armed’ mission to teach the world about living art ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sorry to ramble on. There’s nobody home for me to talk to.

Nice to ‘meet’ you all.

Shuddering.

Jubakuba
Participant
@jubakuba

Props on your respect for the art of tattooing!
I checked out Amanda’s Myspace…She definitely does some awesome work.
What are you planning for the sleeve?

Upload some pictures of your current ink, eh?

And…
Welcome to the forum ๐Ÿ™‚

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi and welcome.

Really looking forward to seeing your ink. Tattooing as an art form can become a serious passion. Bringing great examples to the non-tattooed is always a good goal to have.

Take Care
Matthew

shudderingfordays
Participant
@shudderingfordays

Hey,

Thanks for the rapid responses – no slouching on this forum.

Jubakuba, I’m planning a portrait of my niece, and a stone wall from Angkor Wat (Cambodia) carved with a Buddha image. These two will make up the main elements (portrait on inner forearm, buddha on outer), possibly with dove/leaf/rose detail.

I’m curious as to how the whole thing will flow together, bearing in mind it has to incorporate my current work (a mish mash of text, flowers, wings, a symbol and fine filagree type swirls.

My tiny brain has been straining itself to capacity over the composition.

Ms Ruby will save the day, no doubt.

Tatty bye for now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.