Dipland
    Participant
    @dipland

You started with “Tell me what ya think.”. Now you say, “I like it and thats all that matters.” and “I have got a lot of compliments on it”

You need to make up your mind. Either you want opinions or you don’t care what people think. You can’t have it both ways. Some will like it, some will not; your friends will never give you an honest opinion. They will always tell you it looks great. Here you will get honest opinions.

Maybe you should have started with “tell me what you think, but only if you like it.”

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@MikeyC 127856 wrote:

I like it and thats all that matters. Also I have got a lot of compliments on it so its all straight.

1) You like it and, yes, that is all that matters.
    2) You asked what we thought and we told you. (You asked for it)
    3) Not many people, especially friends, will badmouth your tattoo (to your face)
    4) I had shit tattoos that this bunch put down. I have an open mind, and I found a tattoo ARTIST to repair the damage. I am unbelievably grateful for that.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Dipland 127860 wrote:

Maybe you should have started with “tell me what you think, but only if you like it.”

I like that.
    (Is that Scotch in your shot glass?)

MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

Yes I know not everyone will like it.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

He has some not bad looking work in his portfolio.
    Like I said it may look a lot better after it heals but right now it looks a hot mess.
    Your friends wouldn’t know a good looking tattoo if bit them on the ass (just a fact)

MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

946378_637432859604166_1039089737_n.jpg
    Here is an image taken right now its been a week I will still put another one up when its fully healed in another week.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

I think there’s just too much crammed into a small tattoo, something that detailed needs a bigger canvas like the back. It’s not a super-horrible tattoo, but it’s not particularly well done either. The shading is a bit off too. I wouldn’t go back to that tattooist.

Dipland
    Participant
    @dipland

@Sam-I-Am 127862 wrote:

I like that.
    (Is that Scotch in your shot glass?)

It’s actually tequila.

MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking of getting the prayer on the other side of the leg. And I am gonna actually look at 3 diff places I will putg up some of the work when i go talk to them.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Amok 127866 wrote:

I think there’s just too much crammed into a small tattoo, something that detailed needs a bigger canvas like the back. It’s not a super-horrible tattoo, but it’s not particularly well done either. The shading is a bit off too. I wouldn’t go back to that tattooist.

Well, it seems that Amok knows what he is talking about. I just came across the same piece of artwork done as a backpiece. Looks like this:

I wish that I could give you the name of the artist, or the guy wearing it, but the site I found it on does not list any of that. (I hate that, every ‘tattoo’ site should give credit to the artist that did the work.)

As you can see, size matters. 😉

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

946378_637432859604166_1039089737_n.jpg

Oh dear god… seeing the backpiece makes me even sadder for the OP 🙁

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Holy POOP!

MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

DAMN that is so much better. But I still like my tat.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@MikeyC 127895 wrote:

TRIED AND TRUE TATTOO COMPANY &raquo TATTOOS: Jason Spainhour

I had Micah James
    Him and Jason are the best its actually Jason store he opened it.

@MikeyC 127895 wrote:

DAMN that is so much better. But I still like my tat.

I like that you still like your St Michael. And to be fair, I don’t see any problems with any of the work in his portfolio. I think if you had asked for advice before seeing him, I would have said to go for it.

MikeyC
    Participant
    @mikeyc

What kind of advice you mean?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.